Page 180 of 283 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230280 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 2828

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 180

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Frak. Something in that garlic sausage triggered breathing issues. Could have been the animal fat content that triggered my GERD. I took some Zantac to see whether that's it. I know it's probable that it's low stomach acid. I guess looking into how to do that with diet is my next trick. I think I'll try the vinegar thing first.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I'm horrible about remembering to swish and swipe in the mornings. I already have a morning routine, and adjusting it is nigh impossible. I generally remember to do it sometime between work and bed, so I guess it all evens out. Cleaned off the dresser, aside from the change bowls. Since my nightstand is already clear except for the hot swap pillow and stuffed animals, I think tonight's task will be to pull all the shredables out from the cubby in Geek's nightstand and the master bath and put them in the shred bin. We may use the fire pit this weekend, if they don't kick up a burn ban again. If I'm really ambitious, I'll delabel all the empty pill bottles, shred the labels, and chuck those. I need to go through the master medicine cabinet and drawers sometime this week and chuck old prescriptions and pills.
    Yet another night of really light sleep and popping wide awake at my alarm or before. I want my heavy sleep back. This "awake every few hours" is for the birds. Wait a minute... more energy, change in sleep, eating habits change, unintentional weight loss, difficulty concentrating... those are thyroid swing changes. Definitely time to start monitoring symptoms. As of yet, I see very little ill effect of it on a day to day basis. I am mildly aware that I am swinging off balance in terms of mood, from low grade depression to mild hypomania, which could also be an indication that my thyroid meds need adjusting. Then again, it may not be hypomania. It could just be no depression. I wonder if something I was eating but ditched for the elimination diet was fucking with my thyroid. Need to look into that. Hey! my anxiety has been mostly gone since the elim diet started. Time to start cross researching.
    *Google Fu indicates that it is not hypomania.
    Last edited by naiadknight; 09-24-2013 at 05:23 AM.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Man, I don't know if I am up for the flylady challenge after all. Reading about everything you are doing is making me tired.

I'm not exactly following Flylady. I'm kinda using her as a very rough guide and making up my own list as I go.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    ... making up my own list as I go.
    I could do a mini-fly!

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    I love reading what you are getting done naiad! I think the beauty part of FlyLady is you are supposed to make it your own...you have to figure out your own way & just use her as a guide. Sabine...you are supposed to start out only doing 15 mins a day. Pick a room (or follow her zone schedule) & just declutter. No deep cleaning yet. It looks overwhelming at first, but just 15 mins decluttering a day will get you a long way. Oh & you have to shine your sink before bed! lol I did my morning routine of swish & swipe ( both bathrooms) & straightened up what little there was to do in the living room, made the bed, gathered up the dirty clothes from yesterday & put it in the laundry basket in the utility room & I'm done! I don't even think it took me 15 mins!! Tuesday is a "free" day, although we're supposed to spend a few minutes decluttering the nightstand. Am fixing to go do that now. Checking MDA is part of my morning routine...after all we have to get our priorities straight! lol

Have a wonderful day all!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    I like the cleaning the sink idea, but haven't looked into any other FlyLady stuff. I mean, I hate going to bed or coming home to a sink full of dishes. We're getting into a routine of Hulky washing dishes during the day, and I clean whatever is left when I get home (usually from his lunch, sometimes my breakfast dishes). Whoever didn't make dinner washes the dishes, so they are usually cleaned before bed. I clean whatever is left in the AM or put away the dry dishes. We don't have a dishwasher now, but never used the one at the old apartment anyway. I just need to start using some of our tea towels so I can dry the sink & maybe get some polish. Will that help protect the sink?

Of course, I tried cleaning the sink last night with a stovetop cleaner I found under the sink (left by previous tenants). It said it was safe to use in stainless steel sinks. The paper towel came away with dark gray residue. Not sure if I did something bad or not, but I don't think I'll use that cleaner again. I didn't like the smell anyway (and the sink smelled weird after, very metallic).

I'm thinking of doing some of those Pinterest things for washable cleaning products, like re-useable swiffer "mop heads" (elastic microfiber cloths & such) and cloth towels instead of paper towels (they snap together into a roll so you can leave them out like paper towel rolls). More laundry, but less money over time. We could keep a small laundry bin in the kitchen for all the cloth items and toss them in with a load during the week. I think having stuff at the ready will make me more likely to actually clean. I do really need some kitchen gloves though. Sorry, just thinking "out loud".
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Nameless...I just use windex to shine my stainless sink. After I do the supper dishes I just spray some clorox2 & wipe out the sinks...then before bed I just give 'em a quick spray of windex, if they even need it. Depends on whether or not someone has run any water.
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Pfeh. I just hose it down with the sprayer gizmo, use the sponge and dish soap leftover after the dishes, hose it down again and use a kitchen towel to wipe it dry. For the spots that accumulate gunk or rust, I hit them with the CLR toilet stuff when I notice it.
    I really need to figure out how to deep clean the master shower without running water. I may just deep clean the areas that need caulked and grouted and then fix the shower. I need to see if Geek has any need for me not to fix it, like checking for water damage from the previous occupants. Once I get that done, I can run the water in there and really clean it.
    I think tonight's home maintenance project will be filling that hole in the garage that lets rodents in. I might get ambitious and look into what it'd take to reseal the garage door line.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Sabine, Minimalistically Flylady is about having Morning and Evening Routines. My routines are posted on my refrigerator. I think I will post my routines in my journal.

Then there is the weekly zone. She is in the master bedroom/bathroom this week. You are supposed to do 15 min/day in the zone +15 min of decluttering. She gives specific challenges for the zone, but you could just do generel cleaning in the zone.

Finally she suggests a 1 hr. Weekly Home Blessing (general cleaning)

I find, like NK, that once I start geting things clean, I tend to do more than FL asks for. Until I lose steam, that is.

Ooopps, missed PC post where she says essentially the same thing.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 09-24-2013 at 09:17 AM.