Page 18 of 282 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 18

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Geek and I went out for chinese buffet. Salt didn't really bother me, but I guess I need to start trying to open my jaw further. It was hard to take more than "ladylike bites." Still wasn't very hungry. Had hot & sour soup, fried rice, pot stickers, the filling from some crab rangoon, and some flan, whch amounted to grand total of two plates and a cup, none of which were completely full. If I met even maintenance calories for yesterday, I'll be surprised.
    Froot Loop is no longer broken, she's been fixed. The damn dog is acting better after her hysterectecomy than I am after a tooth pulling. I can also tell she knows who's in charge, and it ain't her. She seemed think this was punishment and was all kinds of lovey dovey and apologetic. She even put herself over by the tether and sat there like she expected to get locked up. I went over and petted and hugged her to let her know she wasn't in trouble. She seemed to accept it, but she's still trying to be a model puppy. I think she's afraid I'll leave her at the vet again if she misbehaves and she'll end up missing more parts.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Awww poor girl.

Went for Mexican food tonight. Pescado coronel with dry salad, 2 oysters, refried beans, and Mexican rice. Pescado coronel is catfish smothered in ranchero sauce, cheese, and shrimp. Chewing wasn't an issue, keeping all the food in only half my mouth while chewing was. You ever tried eating a giant chunk of lettuce with only half your mouth?
    Now, I'm zonked. I think I need to see in Aleve works on this pain.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I'm not in pain anymore. Still kinda tired, but I chalk that up to my body funneling what little food I've given it toward healing.
    Froot Loop is healing well. She seems to know what the tape bandage is for and hasn't messed with it, so far. She's still not up to par, but I'm not expecting her to be. She is wanting to fetch and play tug, which is a good sign. She's also back on track with commands, including differentiating between "chunka," "lizard," and "rope," in addition to her basics.
    Enjoying an eggnog latte. I need to figure out how to make my own eggnog so I can make my own eggnog coffee.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Were I the stereotypical, bitter wife, I'd swear my MIL was trying to sabotage me. I know in reality, she chooses what sounds good and in sync with what effort she can put into it that day. Does it bug me when dinner is ziti and garlic bread with no other options? Yes, especially when the bread is cottonseed oil laden because she doesn't read ingredient labels. Am I going to complain? Not until every part of the meal is cottonseeded. She's absentminded and its not worth the effort when it'll just slip her mind again. I love her dearly, more than my own mother most of the time. I consider Sunday dinner with the in laws to be part of my 20%, even if it's rarely worth it in terms of taste.
    I finally know what it's like to have a family without drama and relative normalcy. You may not think that's a big deal; you may even wonder why I want something so boring. It's what I rarely got.as a kid, so it's a novelty I refuse to take lightly or for granted.
    My Primal Battle Tome

If I can eat it without screaming, breakfast will be an apple with nutella knockoff.
    I made the mistake of watching HGTV last night and getting ideas. I may put on my more forgiving winter coat and do some raking tonight in the backyard. I won't get to that planter, but I hope to at least get the yard mostly raked and rid of dog shit before nightfall. When I can dismantle that stupid hipstertastic cinder block planter, I'll repurpose it to grow succulents, cacti, and shit that would actually survive this region, not a fucking hibiscus. I still want to replace the range hood, but that means cutting a hole in the roof and running duct work so we can install one that's externally vented, which in turn requires research to do it right.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Raking, good exercise, terrible chore.

Our yard is full of leaves and I don't think we'll have the moolah to get the guy we usually have to come and do it. So I may be joining you on this in a few weeks. We started paying a guy after the first 4 years of 400+ bags of leaves. We may just rent a blower this year and get it done ourselves. Next house I want no trees or yard care planned into our monthly expenses.

We don't have many trees, but the live oak is a prolific shedder, and the dog is a prolific shitter, even grain free.
    My Primal Battle Tome

For those who got kicked out of a job:
    On the first day of Christmas my company gave to me
    A pink slip for under the tree

On the second of Christmas my company gave to me
    2 days to pack
    And a pink slip for under the tree

On the third day of Christmas my company gave to me
    3 Bic pens
    Is that right 2 days to pack?

On the fourth day of Christmas, I gave my company
    4 letter words
    3 more pens
    Well I'm gonna take this lamp too, then

On the fifth day of Christmas my company gave to me
    5 days of sleep
    4 letters words
    3 bic pens
    And this stapler and my coat rack and...
    A pink slip for under the tree

On the sixth day of Christmas, my company gave to me
    Six months of Cobra
    5 days of sleep
    Wake up you freaking monkey, it's almost break time!
    Oh, thanks. Is the roach coach here yet?

On the seventh day of Christmas my company gave to me
    7 check a ābouncing
    Oh, dear!
    6 months of Cobra
    5 days of sleep
    I got your bonus right here!
    3 lousy pens
    I'm calling security

On the eighth day of Christmas my company gave to me
    8 hours of drinking
    I have never bounced a check in my life
    5 day of sleep
    You big Goofbag!
    Bunch of Sticky notes
    Can I at least keep thee pocket protector?

On the ninth day of Christmas my company gave to me
    9 cans a cat food
    8 hours of drinking
    Could you not breathe on me please?
    I can't afford Cobra
    5 days of sleep
    4 festive words
    3 Bic pens
    Only 2 days to pack
    I got a blue one

On the tenth day of Christmas my company gave to me
    10 workers weeping,
    There, there missy, it's gonna' get a lot worse than this
    God, I hope my kids don't get sick
    Want some cat food?
    5 days of sleep
    Bite me!
    Do I hear sexual harassment?
    Would you help me carry this copier to my car, please?

On the eleventh day of Christmas my company gave to me
    Eleventh hour pleading
    10 workers weeping
    You know I know a guy that'll hire all three of you girls, sight unseen
    And you get to work with a cobra, imagine that!
    5 days of sleep
    4 letter words
    I ām warning you!
    Can't we all just get along?

On the twelfth day of Christmas my company gave to me
    12 employees bumming
    I know girls, I know
    Say, you girls need a ride home? I got my par carked right out front?
    Five days of sleep
    I gave this place the best years of my life and they gave me the shaft!
    Tree? What tree? We're not gonna be able to afford a tree!

My Primal Battle Tome

Sad face. I figured out what's caused the bloating and gas of astronomic proportions these past several weeks: white potatos. I get to cross those off my list of safe, "empty" carbs and toss them back in the DNE pile. Anyone want 2 lb mini red potatoes?
    My Primal Battle Tome