Page 179 of 283 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189229279 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 2828

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 179

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Got my lab cleaned. Took the consignment at lunch and Goodwill stuff after work. Put ALL of my books on the correct bookshelves (one fiction, one nonfiction), which hasn't happened in years. Picked up everything else, took a bag of crap out to the Dumpster. Have a smaller bag to take to Goodwill tomorrow, of things from the sewing pile. Have another pile of things that need to go back in Molly when she gets back from the shop. Cleared every flat surface. Didn't dust. Wiped down my desk and sewing table though. Put all my jewelry away- I use a corkboard system and things tend to get strewn in front of the earring organizer. Cleaned off the stump stool Dad made. Vacuumed the floor. Put away the sewing toolbox. I need to make a sewing machine cover.
    I'm running an experiment. Supposedly, if you wash and dry a leather or suede jacket that's too big by a size or two, it might shrink down to the right size and get softer. This is one I was contemplating consigning, but figured the washing machine trick might make it wearable again. If it hurts it, I can still use the suede.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

The experiment worked on the jacket! Yay! It's a darker orangish brown than it was, and it fits now.
    House is clean. I swept, mopped, started laundry, did my hand wash stuff, took the trash out, and cleared the front of the island (a smaller hot spot). Now to get dressed, and drop off the mail and small Goodwill batch. When Geek wakes up, I'll put my shoes away and run the vacuum.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Wow great job.

Ahh, clean house and friends.
    I think I can safely say something I've eliminated from my diet was causing inflammation. Down to 123.6, and no joint pain or neck pain. I feel thinner and more energetic, too.
    I can confirm that my beloved brassicas have no ill effect, aside from gas.
    My Primal Battle Tome

WTF? This is the 3rd day my eyes have popped open at 8.5 hours of sleep on the dot. Apparently, that's what I need when everything is going right. I think I may've killed off the bad bugs in my belly and sinuses. I forgot to neti last night and no pressure or stuffiness. I should go by the hippie store and pick up some probiotics, as well as D and ashwagandha.
    For those curious as to my med/ supp routine:
    Morning: Ashwagandha, levothyroxine 0.88 ug, Alive! Women's Energy Multi, oil of oregano 4 drops by mouth, Alvesco 2 puffs, vitamin D 15,000 IU, iodine 8 drops.
    Evening: zetona 1 puff per nostril, Alvesco 2 puffs, Singulair, Xyzal, and BC
    Optional: Half a neti pot with a thingy of saline stuff and 2 drops of oil of oregano, if needed.
    Now to figure out this week's dinner.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Dinner plans this week:
    Leftover Monday
    Tuesday: Garlic roast beast with tortillas for him, brassicas and winter squash and salad for me
    Wednesday: Chicken and 40 cloves, plus salad, bread for him, squash and brassicas for me.
    Thursday:stuffed lamb breast (still trying to figure out what I want in the stuffing. Geek found a good one, we'll just hafta sub out the 'shrooms. Maybe Italian sausage with Italian seasoning on the lamb.
    Friday: Chicken salads.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Well, MIL at least tried. Right up until she put the habanero salsa on the chicken. Resulted in very mild shortness of breath, almost undetectable. More likely, it was the position I was sitting in on the couch afterward, as it went away when I changed positions.
    Day three of relatively light sleep and bouncing out of bed. On 5 hours of sleep, I consider that pretty impressive.
    My Primal Battle Tome

I need a belt for my work slacks, even the pair that fit perfectly before the elim diet. I found myself hiking them up not even 15 min after putting them on, so I knew that with a day's stretch, they'd really be threatening to fall off. These are my 2s, too.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Yard Work Monday- I just shoveled up 4+ years of leaves and composted leaves from by the front and back gates. I was even able to clear enough guck from the alley side to actually open the 2nd alley gate 30*. Given that the previous occupants appeared to be using the guck as a structural support for the sagging gate, that's huge. I probably filled the equivalent of 3- 55 gallon drums and hauled it either to the new compost heap or the dumpster.
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Woohoo! Go you.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.