Page 177 of 249 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 2482

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 177

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Which one is it naiad? We have an HEB here & I'll look next time I go & see if they have it. Ours here is really expanding their "healthy foods" options. They now carry coconut amino's & coconut vinegar. Of course I discovered that after paying $2 more for the amino's at the the little organic store here! Story of my life!
    SW-211
    CW-209

Goal: Don't worry be happy!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Vinaigrette de Provence by Central Market Organics. If you can find it, we'll figure out how I can pay you to send me several bottles.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    I'm probably stopping by there tomorrow. I'll look & if they have some we'll figure it out.
    SW-211
    CW-209

Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Inspired by NW, I gave a wall crawl a try. Held it for 20s at 2' from the wall. I think I'll get to 60s and then move towards the wall another 6". I may end up attacking the pull- ups from another angle, upside down. If I can eventually get to where I can do handstands, then handstand push ups (maybe a backspring?!), if I have the strength for a handstand push up, I might be able to reverse it for a pull up. From the wall crawls, I might do inverted push ups to get that going.
    Sleep, a mucus pill, and Sudafed did me wonders. I still get a pressure headache at certain angles, but another night of mucus pill and Sudafed should help clear that.
    PC, that sounds like a plan.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I can't move my hands in once I get my legs up on the wall. I guess that will take time. I've managed 20s, but my upper body will not allow any longer. Feels like slow progress, but I guess that's just how upper body stuff goes for me.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I meant it as start at 18", as opposed to 24". I do, however need to remember to kick up against a beam and not sheetrock/ paneling. I have no desire to punch holes in the wall with my heel.
    My Primal Battle Tome

This elimination diet is turning into a sugar detox as well. I'm really not even eating much fruit (a green apple and a handful of strawberries is all I've had since Monday. )
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Lunch was a nude salad, because finding a recipe for a dressing for AIP without vinegar that keeps well hasn't happened. Chix tit, tail, and wing, all skinless and rinsed/ picked over to remove seasoning, over lettuce, summer squash, cuke, and carrot.
    Can you have coconut milk? Check out this recipe. I tried it. Needs more dill, but otherwise it's perfect. And her mayo is the best I've ever tried!
    My Path to Paleo: Traveling & Perfect Ranch Dressing/Dip

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Okay, this infuriates me! The old standard for normal was up to 220. They lowered it because of false data, and now that people actually having (in general) lower cholesterol doesn't seem to be reducing heart disease, they want to lower it even further. Naturally, your thinking about cholesterol may be different, but if my doctor ever tried to get me on meds to lower A COMPLETELY NORMAL AND HEALTHY NUMBER, I would laugh in his face.

Whew! Guess that has been building for a while.
    Meeee too. I really pushes my buttons when people say you have to eat low fat to reduce cholesterol... they obvioulsy haven't read this: The straight dope on cholesterol (followed by parts 2-9).
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    This elimination diet is turning into a sugar detox as well. I'm really not even eating much fruit (a green apple and a handful of strawberries is all I've had since Monday. )
    I'm starting a sugar detox on the 1st, immediately following my Whole30. I suspect a candida overgrowth issue and want to kick it to the curb.

Great job on the flylady stuff. I also won't do the shoes (I don't even wear shoes to work), and I don't do anything she suggests in the morning except shower and weigh. I have my own routine that works for me. I do most of the stuff she recommends at night.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I'm starting to find my rhythm. It's not quite her way, but it works for us.
    I'll try the ranch after the elimination diet. Eggs are out too.
    Lunch is steak, broccoli with stems, spinach and lettuce eaten popcorn style, and strawberries.
    My Primal Battle Tome