Page 176 of 283 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226276 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 2828

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 176

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I have been checking out the flylady site. Her method would definitely need to be modified for me: for one, I am NOT putting on shoes first thing in the morning, if at all. But I like the ideas she has- there's some good stuff there.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Did it. Down to 124.6.
    The car goes into the shop today. Will see what it runs to fix that back quarter panel.
    w00t

I hope you get good news.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Went to the doc. Told her I went on niacin (which is true) and she damn near literally jumped for joy. Told her how much I was taking and she was even happier. She actually doesn't like statins except for at risk (already had a heart attack or heart surgery) patients. The niacin seems to be a happy middle ground. She also made a big deal of my weight, saying I am at exactly the right weight I need to be for my height and frame. Got after me for missing my female test, but everything else was happy. Didn't do bloodwork, she wants to wait until I've been on the niacin for 3 months.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Sabine, the doc knows I refuse, point blank to take statins. My cholesterol could be 1 million and still no dice. That's why niacin is such a nice truce. I don't do the morning declutter and only put my shoes on right before I leave. I'll keep tweaking it to match my style, much like I did with primal.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Maybe I should consider niacin too. I've read all that stuff about cholesterol but I still worry. I'm at high risk for heart disease b/c of my family history and have had high cholesterol since I first started getting that tested in my 20s. I thought initially it could have been from the birth control, but who knows, I've been off of it for two years. Last year, I did see a reduction and I'm overdue for more testing.

If you go that route, the dose is 2g. I do 1.2 g twice a day and the doc says that's fine.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Breakfast was the remnants of the roast chicken. Lunch was gyro meat and nuked Brussels sprouts, broccoli and yellow squash.
    I've been contemplating starting a SCOBY from the raw kombucha I get at the hippie store. I'm curious as to whether I could ferment KE tea and make it even better.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Oooo you should try it!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Do it!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'll do it probably this weekend.
    My head hurts, but it's not sinus pain, I don't think. I also feel crappy. I think early sleep is in order.
    Dinner was a 6 oz ribeye with a salad and roasted broccoli and brussel sprouts. HEB REALLY needs to bring back my dressing. It's the only paleo dressing in a bottle I've ever found, and it's a Central Market one (Central Market is the yuppie HEB house brand.) It went away for a bit and hasn't come back. It better not have died completely.
    My Primal Battle Tome