Page 172 of 283 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222272 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 2828

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 172

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I started by putting the drops on my toothpaste, but I love the taste of the brushing blend so I just use that now.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I may do that until the jar of homemade stuff is empty.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

On another note, I need to do crockpot meals more often. It makes willpower only necessary for one meal a day and is great for easy cook and clean. I wonder if they make crockpot dividers, so I can do the side in there too,without it mixing.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Dinner was crockpot skirt steak with chile, and a side salad with lettuce, tom, cuke, and cado.
    I tried brushing the Dr Bass way last night. Hells bells, I should've started doing this years ago. Dentist visit has nothing on that level of feeling clean. Then again, I also scraped my tongue, mouthwashed, oil pulled and mouthwashed again (the second was because I hate the flavor of coconut oil.) Can't wait for the new brush and everything to come in.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Contemplating a true elimination diet. Not sure how much further to go beyond paleo. I should entertain the idea of removing nightshades, onion and garlic, as I eat those every day. I'm not sure I want to know if I'm allergic to one of those. A life without those would be utterly miserable.
    Cooking them appears to reduce the alkaloids by roughly half. I don't recall having issues with alkaloids like caffeine. .. I may just cut potatoes and tomatoes, as they have the highest content.
    Should I check eggs? I rarely eat them because Geek reacts to the smell in much the same way I react to the smell of popcorn. Out of respect to his allergy, I try not to eat them when we're together or at the house. Eggs wouldn't be hard to remove the rest of the way.
    Anything else paleo I should look at eliminating?
    My Primal Battle Tome

Looks like you're going autoimmune.

Paleo Autoimmune Protocol Print-Out Guides | Autoimmune Paleo

Doing autoimmune for a month would probably be a good place to start. I'd say don't go super strict if you don't have to. Super strict to me would be doing the SCD, starting with a chicken soup w/ carrots & celery (you could use green onions for the flavor, instead of onions) and then adding foods in from there.

Yikes. I'd lose mustard, tomatoes, peppers, coffee, AND chocolate. I dunno. I should try it, given my thyroid. At the same time, yikes.
    My Primal Battle Tome

This paleo blogger/author has done autoimmune paleo to try and sort out her own thyroid issues. There are definitely bunches of others out there that should have tons of recipes.

theclothesmakethegirl

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    On another note, I need to do crockpot meals more often. It makes willpower only necessary for one meal a day and is great for easy cook and clean. I wonder if they make crockpot dividers, so I can do the side in there too,without it mixing.
    There is this:

Crock-Pot Double Dipper Slow Cooker - Walmart.com

granted you needn't get it at Walmart.. it was just the first example I saw...

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oh, fer frak's sake. Next week is my vampire appt. I know she'll bitch me out about my cholesterol again. I wonder if there's anything I can do in less than a week to artificially bring it down, just long enough for the test. Niacin and fish oil would help, dunno if it'd be enough. I wonder if the sulfite allergy was driving it up.
    My Primal Battle Tome