Page 171 of 283 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221271 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 2828

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 171

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Annual fair date complete. Fajitas, corny dog with mustard, and a few bites of funnel cake were had, along with tea and Dr Pepper. Annual photos at the top of the ferris wheel were taken. Was it over priced? Not as bad as it could've been, given that it was discount Monday. Was it worth it? Always. We ogled the antique cars, we admired the creative arts (I really need to do an afghan next year, maybe a quilt, and I KNOW my caramel apple pie would win in the food category), we walked and talked and it was much like the days before we lived together.
    I managed to avoid the annual post fair headache by taking my pills first (Geek didn't avoid the annual post fair coma, I'm still wound up from the sugar.) There might be something to the Vitamin B complex schtick after all. I need to hit the inhaler, thanks to the sulfites, but it didn't hit headache level.
    I tried to practice situational awareness while I was there, but it was too much. I'm going to hafta build up to that level so I don't wig out about so many lights, smells, sounds, and PEOPLE in a concentrated area.
    I think that might be why I zone out most of what's around me, as a defense mechanism against *Error 42: too many variables. Recompile and try again.* Too much of anything in terms of the senses causes anxiety and the potential for "must go, gotta leave, GO NOW." Always has. I can only take so much other humans and society and socialization before I need to retreat to be alone. I'm very much an introvert. I like socializing, but it has to be on my terms and in a group of less than 5. A true party tends to have me tweaking out (much as I try to hide it) and eventually making some excuse to bolt.
    Interesting concept. I wonder how I can turn that to use it in my favor for situational awareness.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Even with the fair food, I only had 1397 cal yesterday (120g carbs, 71 g fat, 77 g protein.) I apparently burned 1720 cal, according to my Up. The carbs are high for me, but then again, the fair comes but once a year and it's still under 150.
    I drop Geek off at the airport right after work, kill 45 min at the Midland Goodwill, and then go tutor the little girl (daughter of a previous coworker.) Then I stop at the HEB for fud makings for the week, go home, put it away, eat, and try to ignore how big this house is when I'm alone in it.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I hope you're feeling better soon, Naiad.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Ah, that would be the emotional roller coaster: Mother Nature sent in the clowns.
    TMI:
    I'm trying out the Softcup this cycle. First time putting it in was definitely odd. It seemed way too big in diameter and the idea of it rotating to seal off the exit was laughable. I then figured out that it wasn't supposed to really rotate and it was supposed to sit kinda at an angle. It fits, but I was definitely afraid I'd accidentally squeeze it out at first (petite frame + no kids= tiny, tight vagina resistant to intrusion.) It seems to be doing well, and I can definitely see how it would hold 12 hours worth. Hell, I'd wager it could probably hold half my entire flow. I like the idea that it's disposable, makes public restrooms and office bathroom more viable options. It claims you can have sex with it in, but I don't see how. It sits in too shallow a position for most sex, seems like.

I tutored a young girl after I dropped Geek off at the airport. Kid has the attention span of a gnat and (not officially diagnosed) dyslexia. She also had a really horrible 1st grade teacher. I'm trying to get this kid to read. Even sight words are problematic, if only because of the dyslexia I'm pulling out everything I remember teaching myself and what we used to do to get Niece to read and what I remember trying to do to get Cassie to read. Her parents are also interested in controlling the ADD/ ADHD with diet. I pointed them towards SCD and ketogenic diets, with a promise to send info later.
    Had cheese, 2 hard cooked eggs and grapes for breakfast; leftover Philly meat and bell peppers for lunch; the rest of the cheese and grapes for lunch; and prime rib, sweet potato, and caesar salad for dinner (with SWG.)
    Got the car looked at by the insurance people and got her in line to go into the shop next Wednesday. That's the earliest we could get her in anywhere. Most places were saying a month out.
    Work was hectic, then chaotic, then slammed, then just hectic. Stupid people tricks all around.
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Response to TMI: The Instead Softcup? It took a little finagling for me to get used to it. The front rim is supposed to tuck behind your pubic bone. I think of it like sliding it in, and then tucking it up, as a shelf. I love sleeping with them in and not worrying about my position (for leakage). I've never tried having sex with it in, but that's more due to Hulky's anatomy than mine.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Yeah, I figured it out. Definitely a strange feeling until it pops into place. Geek's anatomy is what concerns me with sex.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Goddammit. All I wanted was a mini Blizzard. Even that isn't safe.
    My Primal Battle Tome

After yesterday's debacle at DQ, and then fighting with insurance, I was in full "fuck it" mode. Had leftover pizza from the mom and pop shop.
    Feeling much better today. Slept through my alarm again, but woke up right at the time I hop in the shower, so it worked out. In a decent mood. Gassy, from the 'za, but not severe.
    Geek comes home tonight.
    I think I'll have to back out of the tutoring until my car gets fixed. I'm really not comfortable getting our only vehicle, his work vehicle, onto the highways around here. If they can meet me in my town, that's different.
    Skirt steak in the crockpot as an experiment. Hoping for burrito meat. Kinda worried if the onion is enough to create enough liquid. It was kinda small. I may run home in a few to make sure. (Just did a Google check, it should be ok.)
    Working on a fun report: a rather extensive, large, and complicated drainage plan for a subdivision. Yeah, I know, only an engineer.... but for me it's fun.
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Seems like that fun came at a good time.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think it did, Tasha.
    I neglected to mention I ordered the Orawellness starter kit and started concentrating on oral health. Brushing "right" is HARD. I'm having to retrain myself from brushing hard and quick. Using the homemade toothpaste and really soft brush were the first shoves in the right way, now it's technique. When it comes in, I'm not sure if I'll switch out, combine, or put away the homemade toothpaste.
    My Primal Battle Tome