Page 17 of 283 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 17

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Damn. Thanks for the heads up. My dentist is in Mexico and while he is good, I am not sure I want to A) drive for an hour under vicodin or B) drive for an hour in pain without vicodin.
    Yeah, I'd say either get them to hit you with novacaine again before you leave, or find a decent local.

Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post
    Oh yuck... dentist visit is bad enough, but an unexpected extraction? UGH! Hope you can avoid having the other one pulled.
    Yeah, I wasn't anticipating "Did you want to get it extracted while you're here?" Nearest I can figure, since I was one of the last appointments of the day and it was pretty bad, they gave me the option. I think they could also tell I was hoping to avoid the extraction and put it off. I agreed to it because knew I'd put it off if I made an appointment to do it later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Canio...You go to Mexico for the dentist? Sounds scary er...exotic.
    He's a border hopper because govt insurance isn't generally worth the laminate it's printed on, I'll wager. I'm kinda wishing I had dental insurance right now. I know my wallet is.

Skipping the first half of work today. Too dopey and in too much pain to be able to concentrate on my job.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    He's a border hopper because govt insurance isn't generally worth the laminate it's printed on, I'll wager.
    This. Even with the govt dental I'd be looking at hundreds of dollars for most things I can get done in Mexico for about 1/5th the price. My last visit $100. With insurance here $450. Also my dentist is good. He got his DDS in Mexico but did advanced work at UCLA/USC (I can't remember which) and attends conferences etc in the US.

Dropping the Froot Loop off at the vet today was hard. I don't like it when my family is in pain, and putting one willingly in pain was hard. I know it's for her own good (and it keeps me from getting a ticket), but it was still hard. Especially since I'm still tired and dopey from the surgery and Vicodin. You know it's bad when the vet receptionist asks if YOU'RE ok (I'm sure I looked just as out of it as I feel.)
    I also don't like being alone without a dog. I'm sure if something jumped the fence, the most she'd do is lick 'em to death and offer them her toys for them to throw. But it's still comforting having her in the backyard.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I feel the same way about my cat ><. She warms up to anyone within a couple of minutes. It's been a huge help to me emotionally this year, having her with me when I'm otherwise home alone in the evenings.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Canio...You go to Mexico for the dentist? Sounds scary er...exotic.
    Senor Pepe's tooth extractions - no Vicodin, tequila!

I had all 4 wisdom teeth taken out at the same time, that shit was not fun.

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Are you feeling better yet?

Any chance you've tried boiling zuke noodles instead of sauteing them? I have a friend who wants to toss them into a crockpot for the last 30 minutes or so and we're wondering how well that will work...
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

No, and it works fine. Make it the last 10-15 min, though.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    No, and it works fine. Make it the last 10-15 min, though.
    Uh oh. Do we need to bring you anything? I'll have the munchkins, but we just swing by and drop something off. Leaving in about 3 minutes. Text me if you need anything.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

JudyCr is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    Senor Pepe's tooth extractions - no Vicodin, tequila!

I had all 4 wisdom teeth taken out at the same time, that shit was not fun.
    I'm pretending I had a tooth pulled, one more shot of tequila pls.

I tried to go to work after lunch and had to go home within 2.5 hrs. I have work in the car, though, so I can make up the time when I'm not feeling so crappy.
    Thing is, I'm not really in that much pain, that I can tell. I think one of my survival mechanism's has kicked in. MY body, if a pain isn't stabby and is long lasting, will kick in endorphins or something, so I don't feel much of anything. Even without any meds in my system, I'm more tired than hurting. The feeling kinda reminds me of a numbed pain: you know the article is question is there because it's a bit more THERE than usual, but it doesn't hurt, if that makes any sense. My jaw is making sure I don't forget about it, but it really doesn't hurt much.
    Within the past 24 hrs, I've had 3 eggs, 3 slices pancetta, and 6 oz blackberries. That's it. Not really hungry. Should figure out what I want for dinner, though. I may make Geek take me out for dinner.
    Last edited by naiadknight; 12-07-2012 at 02:51 PM.
    My Primal Battle Tome