Page 169 of 282 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179219269 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 2817

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 169

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    Meat & cheese roll-ups with mustard are the best
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Dinner was actually corn dogs. 2 corn dogs later, I was full, and under caloric and all other goals.
    Ankle is actually a bad sprain and chronic inflammation.
    I think I'm going to try to accept my set weight as 128. My body seems to not want to go outside of that more than 5 lb either direction without heavy changes in activity or diet, and even then it doesn't stick around.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Whatever was wrong with my ankle seems mostly gone now. I was able to mow, weed eat, and edge the front yard, as well as sweep the sidewalks and front patio and take out the front door and garage trash without any real pain. I forgot to put anything back on my ankle, too.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Ok, back to the grind. We won't mention the debauchery of the visit home. Well, except to note that the one family party I didn't drink wine at was the only one I didn't get a nasty killer migraine hangover from ever.
    I'm waffling on doing some DIY redecorating to take this place from "Yay, we're out of college!" to "damn, this place looks good." The three big things would be dyeing the towels, reupholstering the couches, non matching computer chair, couch pillows and futon, and changing out the shower curtain. I also want to restain the dressers and night stands to match the bookshelves, change out the curtains, replace the collapse-a- hamper, paint the legs on the stool, change out the comforter, and use fabric bins to organize and hide the crap on the baker's racks, but those aren't as critical. I still need to figure out a method for dealing with the mail counter that works. The inbox failed miserably. I wonder if fabric buckets would work there too.
    My Primal Battle Tome

I've been feeling like homemaking since we moved. The new space just feels more permanent to me, even if we might not live here more than a year. I'm still using unframed posters for wall decor, frames are too pricey and putting holes in the walls makes me nervous.

Honestly, what I'd love to do is replace the El cheapo kitchen appliances with good stuff. The crappy white faced stuff functions still, though, so I can't justify replacing them. Except maybe the stove. I'm really itching to replace the electric piece with a gas range/ electric oven model. Maybe not a Viking (repair hungry critters) but another semi professional grade one. I hate cooking on electric.
    Yesterday was primal, if a little nut heavy. Well, except the peanuts and wing sauce. Nuts and coffee for breakfast, leftover steak and pepper poppers for lunch, wings and cut veggies for dinner.
    My Primal Battle Tome

How is the allergy stuff going lately?

I think I've determined that if I avoid wine, vinegar, molasses, restaurant potatoes, fermented foods, and any sauce that wasn't homemade, I'm generally ok. Cheese is a spectrum I'm still exploring. Soy seems to be out, except for small doses of tamari. Oddly enough, homemade or sour breads seem not to bother me (no dough conditioners). Still haven't explored sprouted grains. All meat and veggies seem ok, except raw onion, which I don't care for anyways.
    My Primal Battle Tome

TMI warning
    I truly hate being female some days. Was in pain most of last night and have had the other signs indicating I'm starting some time today. I've also been on an organization and cleaning spree all week, which is another cue that Shark Week is imminent. I'm itching to do a full closet purge, including jewelry, coats, winter stuff, and accessories and get that bitch organized. Same goes for the baker's racks and mail counter.
    My Primal Battle Tome

My car lost in a battle against a pick up with a steel oilfield bumper. Cycling to work just became a viable option.
    My Primal Battle Tome