Page 168 of 272 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178218268 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 2711

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 168

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Chile verde in the crock pot. Some people think a sammich is comfort food. For me, comfort food is crock pot food. Stew, soup, chili, chile verde, pot roast... if it's meat and veggies that cook forever in their own juices, it's comfort in a bowl.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

My ankle is still bugging me. If anything, it's getting worse. The doc wants me to come in on Monday, if I'm still hurting, for an MRI. I see no point in an MRI, since his answer in terms of treatment will likely be the same: RICE it and stay off it. Even if it's the avuncular fracture I think it is, he'd probably just moonboot me.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Ankle is an avulsion fracture, meaning I yanked another tendon away from the bone, this time in my ankle.
    Closely looking at going wapf. I have difficulty getting enough carbs without grains.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    .... That desire to run away. ... It also seems to be a "strong but broken" people thing. When I've been too strong for too long, when my stress levels break through my monitoring wall, I get this overwhelming "run, leave it, go, hit the road to no pain." ...
    Very interesting. Makes me think.

<Insert standard Monday griping>
    I'm looking forward to Friday. I want to get this report done at work before I leave. It's not due until Tuesday, but I know my company.
    My ankle hurts and crutches suck. Especially in a not handifriendly building.
    Lunch was spring mix, roast beast, tacky, muenster, tomatoes, cuke, carrot, mustard, grapes, strawberries, and raw green beans. Obviously, not all in the same container.
    Dinner will be steak, shrimp, roasted cauli, and salad.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Lunch was leftover steak, greens, tomatoes, carrot, strawberries, and water.
    I defeated the donut craving this morning. Rather than going and getting several, I robbed my lunch for a hard cooked egg, grapes, and a plum.
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I hope your ankle feels better soon. How do they correct that issue? Surely the tendon won't just reattach itself, will it? Or is it only a minor detaching and not a complete detatching? I had a minor detaching in my lateral right ankle when I was in the army... 0% disability awarded b/c of it... bastards.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Actually, except in rare circumstances or major muscles, it reattaches itself. I was told 6 weeks on crutches, 6 more with the moonboot. I'm determined to cut that in half or quarter. I was told the standard stuff as a sprain, plus to wear the moonboot at all times, except when laying down or in the shower. Elevate it whenever possible, use crutches, put no pressure on it except to rest my foot on the ground.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Ugh. That is a bummer. Sorry.

Definitely not pleasant.
    For an after work snack, while waiting for Geek to get home, I made meat and cheese roll ups with brown mustard. Lots and Lots of brown mustard. Dinner will likely be leftover chile con carne. No, not chili. This is the stuff that most people further from Mexico bastardize and call enchilada sauce. Dried chiles, soaked until soft, pureed to oblivion with onion and garlic, and cooked with leftover meat.
    My Primal Battle Tome