Page 167 of 283 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177217267 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 2825

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 167

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Set up a doc appointment for today at 1515. It's odd enough and painful enough that I figured it wasn't a sprain.
    Made roast chix last night and cooked the broth through to lunchtime today. I added a couple glugs cider vinegar after pulling the meat. Given the lack of seasoning (only the mire poix mix I put under and stuff into the bird, with the salt and pepper that was on the skin left in the pot) it's a pretty damn universal chicken bone stock. Given that a bag is roughly 3 cups, and I can thaw the whole damn bag in under 15 minutes in a sink of hot water, and that one chicken makes approximately 2.5-3 quarts of stocks, it's one of my favorite "recipes." I can get 2 meals and 5-6 "boxes" of chicken broth out of one $7 bird (yes, that's CAFO. It also swims in a more dilute version of the sulfite/ plumping solution than the cage free bird at the store.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Doc claims it was sprained. Had sashimi and summer rolls for dinner. Stoned off my gourd on a painkiller, and still in pain.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I interacted with an autistic boy and his mama today, while waiting for my x-rays. Listening to her talk about her boy, and watching the bay, were almost like a step back in time. The more research I do, the more I think Cassie may actually be functioning autistic. I feel kinda guilty for some of the demands and requirements I heaped upon her head, thinking she was just underperforming. It also kinda melts some of the... grudge? distaste? hatred? I have/ had for her. I still think she could have controlled herself more, but I also think there may have only been so much willpower or assimilation she had within each day. When it was gone, it was gone. Like I said, watching the little boy was almost like watching a slightly more extreme Cassie. He even reacted to people talking to him and asking him questions much the same as Cassie did. I don't want it to be an excuse for her (and given the option, she will turn it into one, I believe), but it seems to dissolve some of the bad blood between us, at least on my end, knowing that she may not have been able to control herself as much as I gave her credit for.
    I think I'm willing to try to build that bridge again, come Labor Day weekend.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    ... Unfortunately, there's not a club for "blow shit up." I need some sort of violent outburst...
    One word:

Trebuchet!

We've been talking about a squirrel launching catapult made of pvc...
    My Primal Battle Tome

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Fun for everyone...even the squirrels!

Lunch was two garlic sausages, a plum, and 2 slices of cheddar.
    Interestingly enough, Geek seems to be a bit more on board with me being primal after I showed him the studies connecting asthma and grains.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Dinner last night was at a mom and pop Italian joint around the corner. It's nearly impossible to go without pasta or bread there, but I did it. I asked for a medium rare steak, and got well done shoe leather. Granted, that could've been the marsala sauce it was swimming in. I didn't even think about the marsala wine in a marsala until after the headache started. Forgot about the ban on most seafood and got sulfited by the calamari as well. Hell, there may even have been red wine in the marinara.
    POSSIBLE TRIGGER
    Something in Cori's journal rang home hard. That desire to run away. It does seem genetic: Mom ran away at least once a month in my teens, and once every few months when I was young. She'd go somewhere and do something she associated with solo relaxing. I get the urge myself when my stress levels go too high. It also seems to be an introvert thing. It also seems to be a "strong but broken" people thing. When I've been too strong for too long, when my stress levels break through my monitoring wall, I get this overwhelming "run, leave it, go, hit the road to no pain." I've recognized it for overadrenalined thoughts, and reminded myself that my problems have a faster pace and will be waiting wherever I go. Flight just isn't an option for these predators. Unfortunately, since I can not/ will not run away, it turns inward in some crazy feedback loop, until it blows the amp and I break down in tears over the stupidest thing at the worst time. Find a release, they say. The releases I know to work are non options. The healthy ones don't reach down far enough to scrape off the cancerous growth of my past. In a way, I do feel like I have emotional cancer. It grows, twisting, bulbous, hideous, only barely checked, until the surgeon can go scrape it out again. The chemo of therapy caused more side effects than helped and the radiation therapy of trying to handle it "properly" leaves radiation burns.
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I've never run, physically. I guess my former coping mechanisms could be considering running, if any kind of "escape" could fall into that category. I guess I can see how that's an introvert thing too, seeing as I am most definitely an introvert. I guess I don't really know how to deal with it now either. I tend to just slog through and eventually the tension goes away.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Last edited by ssn679doc; 08-23-2013 at 08:01 AM.