Page 166 of 272 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176216266 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 2711

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 166

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    This week's menu: Leftover Monday; roast chicken with risotto for Geek, green beans for me, and salad; chicken stock from the chicken bits; chile verde with tortillas (cauliflower tortillas for me); Salads with leftover roast chicken; steak, shrimp, corn and bread for Geek, roast cauliflower (maybe leftover green beans) for me, and salad.
    I'm rather proud of how well that all works together.
    Still not sure whether or not I'll partake of the risotto. If I decide I want to, I'll skip on the wine.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Interesting. Even 24 hours without grains and my peak flow is back around 350, peaking at 380 with the rescue inhaler. I still want to do all I can to get that up to 400, which is where I should be. Mind you, when I started treatment, average was 250 -275, low enough to make the doc wonder how the hell I was getting enough O2 to survive.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Peak flow still seems to be steadily climbing, although I think the new inhaler med is starting to kick in.
    Did SL 5x5 (squat @ 60 lb, overhead press @ 40 lb, deadlift @ 100 lb, with warm ups.)
    My Primal Battle Tome

Foam rolled this morning. If nothing else, it seems to be curing DOMS before it kicks in and is definitely helping my neck, even more than the chiro was.
    Discovered that frozen and nuked spaghetti squash tastes a LOT more pumpkin like and gets really watery and gooshy. That experiment flopped. Stayed primal, except for the rice pilaf leftovers, which confirmed my grain theory. Damn.
    ETA: After some quick Google fu, there are half a dozen studies confirming the grain/ asthma connection. Glad it's not all in my head, but that's a bit depressing.
    Last edited by naiadknight; 08-20-2013 at 08:57 AM.
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    LHT this morning (squats 5x5@ 50 lb, bench press 5x5@ 40 lb, and rows at 5x5@ 40 lb), with foam rolling, body brushing, and cold shower afterward.
    Lunch was leftover spag with leftover squash.
    I haven't lifted in so long I forgot what LHT meant... *smh*

Re: frozen spaghetti squash - this is not what I wanted to hear. I have 6 spaghetti squash from my garden that I had planned to cook and freeze...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I tried freezing half an uncooked squash. Haven't tried cooked squash.
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I think defrosting cooked squash would just require some attention to let off the extra water. You could always heat it up in a pan once defrosted.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Goldie is online now Senior Member
    I've frozen cooked spaghetti squash and reheated it. Just drain off the extra water and it tastes fine!

I'll hafta try freezing cooked spag squash. I just chucked the raw half in the chest freezer in a baggie. Oops.
    Had deconstructed hand rolls for lunch (translation: steamed crab, raw celery, carrot, avocado and jalapeno on a plate) and roast chicken with bacon green beans and cucumber. It's nice splitting a bird with Geek- he only likes white meat and I prefer dark meat.
    Tried my hand at risotto. Got a semi perfect risotto (it may have still been a little undercooked), but not good reviews. Geek liked the flavor, but not the texture. Since I can't eat it, it went away, and didn't even make it to leftovers. He wanted my pilaf again, so I want to try and get my hands on decent wild rice.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quit halfway through my squats this morning. I have an agreement with my mind that if I get past a warm up and 2 sets, and I'm still not wanting to finish out or still feel like I'm gonna die of exhaustion, then I quit and try again later that day.
    Wonder if Geek gave me the gunk he has, he had a fever at the allergist's yesterday.
    Also, my inner left ankle hurts, right on the bone. Pretty consistent while lifting, occasional while walking. Seems to be related to bearing weight. Doesn't feel like a sprain or strain. No swelling. It's on the bone. Hoping it's not the bone.
    Google Fu leads me to think it may be a medial ligament sprain. Doesn't feel like a sprain. Not enough pain and I don't remember doing anything to cause a sprain.
    I have two client meetings (one on site) today. I could probably get by with just a brace for the outdoor one, and pack along an ace bandage for between meetings. It doesn't feel bad enough for crutches.
    Last edited by naiadknight; 08-21-2013 at 05:18 AM.
    My Primal Battle Tome