Page 165 of 283 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215265 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 2828

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 165

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Shitty day and it's not even 930. Murphy is in full effect today.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Today still sucks, but the silver lining is that I confirmed my trip to Dallas. (Downside to that is that Geek isn't going.)
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

TRIGGER WARNING
    Hello darkness, my old friend.
    On days like this, couple with weeks of nonrelease, I end up in a stew like right now. One of the ones where the suicidal thoughts rise unbidden (the old flames: the knife, the razor, the gun) and wash over me, strangely alluring yet ultimately not an option. I think of other, less safe forms of release, ones that leave scars and don't wash clean. I think of self punishment for all my wrongs, real and imagined. I think of all that's gone wrong and all I've done wrong and rehash them, over and over. I turn them over in my mind like an old photo gone grey with too much handling. I think of the tears I wanted to spill, I need to spill, that sit in my eyes now, and that I'm too damn proud to release. I listen to the refrigerator and wonder what it would be like to crawl in it and sit until hypothermia or hypoxia takes me. I wonder what it would be like to fly for that instant after leaping from a cliff.
    None of those are options.
    I wonder what it would be like to be normal. Without my scars, without my past, without my mechanisms. I know normal is an illusion. I still wonder.
    I wonder what it would be like to express emotion without the barrier of my past, to freely express it without feeling weak, exposed, or useless. I wonder what it would feel like to have strong negative emotions without the desire/need to take it out on myself so I don't show it so I show a more ladylike version.
    I wonder how quickly I'd die if a bookcase fell on me.
    Pills have never struck my fancy, neither have chemicals. Too iffy and too much pain.
    I don't want these thought, but they have a strange allure, hard to explain to someone else. I don't act on them, for I know they are fleeting and will be gone when I can find the mental flush lever. They still have an allure, a glammer, like a will o' the wisp or Scylla.
    I want to release these emotions as they come. I still don't know how. I honestly don't. I only know to bottle them or release them like a 3 year old. I hold them or they punch through the dam, there is no spillway. Then the dam fails and floods the damn village. You could insult my Daddy, and you'd get a well reasoned, well thought out rebuttal, while inside I seethed. You could insult my most cherished work and get a gritted teeth "thank you, I'll look into it," while inside I plot the murder of you and everything you ever loved. You could insult or destroy everything I hold dear, and all I would do is try to smile with gritted teeth through the sobs. I could plot your murder and still mantain the stiff smile (albeit, that one does scare people.)
    I want to feel like a human. I want to react like a human. Not this happy Borg I am.
    I'm tired of it, but I can't figure out how the stop the damn roller coaster so I can get off. I feel like a bottle of barely controlled emotion most days, like a sunbleached plastic bottle of toxic chemicals. It breaks, I reseal it, and then throw it back out in the sun.
    I don't get it. I survived. Why am I so fucked up?
    My Latest Journal

Wow. I was pretty bad last night. Today's better. Went to the allergist. He gave me yet more drugs for the asthma. I like being clear, not that I've felt it without an inhaler in many years.
    My Latest Journal

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    I'm glad you're feeling better today. I got nothing for ya. I've been there. It's incredibly frustrating to have those "same old" thoughts come up again.

From job stress & your brain dump last night, it sounds like you could use some kind of regular activity or habit. Or just something, anything, that is pleasing and stress-relieving. Martial arts? Hobby group? I dunno, not like I've ever been good at picking up that kind of thing
    Journal
    Current interests - Starting Strength (reading it very slowly)

Depression Lies

I've thought about it, but the options are limited for what I like to do. Unfortunately, there's not a club for "blow shit up." I need some sort of violent outburst, but martial arts is too rigid after a day of hectic work. Getting into rocketry means travel outside of the city when I usually have no desire to be around humans.
    My Latest Journal

LHT this morning (squats 5x5@ 50 lb, bench press 5x5@ 40 lb, and rows at 5x5@ 40 lb), with foam rolling, body brushing, and cold shower afterward.
    Lunch was leftover spag with leftover squash.
    My Latest Journal

Dinner was shawarma chicken with rice pilaf (arborio, brown, white, and basmati rice with almonds, cooked pilaf style), tzatziki, and garlic sauce.
    My Latest Journal

I've formed a new, asthma related theory. It would appear that grains cause my peak flow to plummet (360 down to 330), including rice. I'm going to run a full week of true primal to make sure it's not just the weather or allergies. It will give me a sad to give up the occasional rice, especially since I wanted to try my hand at risotto.
    My Latest Journal

canio6 Guest
    Learn More
    Good luck on the experiment. I hope you find the answers you need, hell, I hope you find the answers you want as a life without risotto is just sad.