Page 164 of 249 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 2483

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 164

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    What they don't realize is that they are giving me the tools and experience I need to fly solo, if I want or need to. Given what the going rate for a PWS permit in the area is, minus Uncle Sam and expenses, I could live quite comfortably doing 8 well reports a year. Mind you, a well report takes all of 1-5 active weeks of work, and that includes times devoted to other projects. If I could get 20 well reports out the door in a year, I could flat out pay off the house and live comfortably, even with Uncle Sam and expenses taking half of the income.
    The only thing holding me back from having that option right now is a lack of a PE license and start up capital. That's it.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you can't lose then. Let them fall unsuspectingly into your e-vihl machinations.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Today has been primal. Hit my 10,000 steps (4 miles), did my sprints with the dog, stayed under caloric limit and stayed primal.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Today has been primal. Hit my 10,000 steps (4 miles), did my sprints with the dog, stayed under caloric limit and stayed primal.
    10K steps.... holy crap.. I had problems getting through 12 of them! (only made it to 9 or 10, so I quit).... Good on ya!

Sungrazer is offline Senior Member
    Traces and good to see you still keeping on!
    Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

I did ok on the 12 steps right up until it mentions asking God (or some other universal representation) for help. I learned long ago that, if there is a deity or deities, we're just a petri dish s/he/their watching, and they refuse to intervene for fear of fucking up the experiment. At that point, I split off and went my own way. At that point, I knew my healing was in my own hands, and I alone would know what path I needed to get there. I'm back to square one on another issue from my childhood, but I'm working my way through that, although I still firmly believe that, were my middle sister to die tomorrow, not only would there earth keep spinning, it's inhabitants would be better off.
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Kudos to you on the job front! That's awesome! I'm with Jon. Sounds like a win for you!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I'm still somewhat in shock over it. I've not even been there a year yet, and they're fast tracking to relying on me. Beats the hell out of what's been my usual at previous jobs.
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on the job front! They're faith in you and your abilities is awesome. You deserve it.

PrimalCon New York
    Now I'm starting to get worried. There's talk of this being the company's main shtick, with what they currently do being gravy. They want me to train everyone else when I get it all sorted out. This effectively would be my dream job: engineering, with someone else to talk to the idiots, and top of the need chain. Yep, I'm worried.
    My Primal Battle Tome