Page 161 of 283 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211261 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 2828

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 161

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Thanks for all the well wishes, you guys!
    I got a lot done today, and I'm pretty well caught up at work. I still need to make a few edits to a report, get some stuff to drafting, and futz with the drainage, but I'm to the point where I don't feel like I'm swamped anymore.
    Today's food so far has been yogurt, trail mix (nuts and cranberries), a sausage and a plum. Dinner is chili dogs (well, chili and safe sausage for me.) I may have an apple as well.
    I also got my current boss to sign off as a character witness, meaning I'll get all my SERs signed within the month, I hope. Applications for the April 2014 test start in November. If I'm accepted, I register in December. If I start studying now, I'll get in 8 months of studying. I hope that's enough.
    Geesh. Writing, work, and studying for an 8 hour exam. I must be mad.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I'm excited that you are writing again.
    Congrats on making steps toward your SERs. It may seem like a daunting plan, but I bet you can do it.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    I'm finally making progress towards my technical certifications! Got my study guide in the mail yesterday. It's dauntingly thick, but a glance at the chapter titles tells me I should be okay. Good luck to both of us
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

I'm excited to be writing again, even if this one is forming differently from what I'm accustomed. I'm used to meeting the characters first and learning their world through their eyes. With this one, I'm seeing the world first and haven't quite met the characters yet.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    When I was in high school, we were instructed to write a short story. It was only supposed to be a few pages long. I tried and tried and tried to keep it at the length she wanted, but the story just kept going. Sometimes it's completely out of our control.

With that, I don't write anymore. I feel like I just recycle other people's ideas.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

This one is only partially behaving. I've mostly figured out how the cardinal difference between their world and ours works, and how they have a faith based around it. Unfortunately, the main character that keeps piping up is an outcast from one of the Blasted Realms, and she won't tell me how she starts. I may just hafta start with "She kept following him, and pulled her cloak a little tighter against the wind." Every story starts en medias res, but this is a little closer to the middle than I would like.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Started trying the whole cold shower thing again. I still want to run a full week of showers before final decision, but this morning, after my shower, my peak flow (asthma) had improved 20-40 points over last night. Still not sure if that's just clearer morning lungs ir the cold shower, because I'm bad about remembering my peak flow morning test.
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    This one is only partially behaving. I've mostly figured out how the cardinal difference between their world and ours works, and how they have a faith based around it. Unfortunately, the main character that keeps piping up is an outcast from one of the Blasted Realms, and she won't tell me how she starts. I may just hafta start with "She kept following him, and pulled her cloak a little tighter against the wind." Every story starts en medias res, but this is a little closer to the middle than I would like.
    That kind of beginning would trap me and I'd be reading on. You can ALWAYS go back and write the beginning of the story as a prequel if needed.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I'm glad you are back on your feet, Naiad. Summer crud is the worst.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    6 years after the last was published, I finally finished the Harry Potter series in the last 5 days (still had book 5,6, and 7 left when I started.) I may have let most of my life fall by the wayside while devouring those books and been irritable with those that pulled me away. I'm back, though!
    I also discovered that peaches and broc are now on the no go list. Meat's still safe. Wheat is iffy, and dressing is out unless I do it my damn self. I got poisoned at dinner by a few glops of dressing and a dinner roll... unless... shit. Horseradish. *Google fu* SHIT! Ok, poisoned by dressing, horseradish, au jus, and a dinner roll. Maybe even the damn butter, if it's actually margarine. Fuck me. I think I might've been safer with the damn fried catfish!
    With today's steadily jumping reaction, I finally have a sulfite amount that triggers a major reaction (I think.) I theorize that anything beyond the most minimal dosage causes the "mild" symptoms in me: anxiety and ADD. The amount to cause breathing issues beyond asthma is between 750ug and 1mg sulfites. The amount to cause dopiness, headaches, and drowsiness is the same as a single 6 oz serving of wine, or approximately 15 mg sulfites, possibly less.
    My Primal Battle Tome