Page 16 of 272 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 16

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Fucking OW! My teeth were apparently really clean (thanks, primal diet), but I had 3 cavities to fill and two wisdom teeth that needed to be pulled. I only got the worst tooth pulled tonight, the only with a giant hole in it. It also apparently had a freakishly long root, long enough that the dentists and assistants were ogling the pieces as they came out. It took 2 dentists and 4 assistants an hour and a half to yank the fucker.
    I should eat, but the thought of chewing makes me cringe. Maybe when the Vicodin kicks in.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Oh poor baby. I hate the f'ing dentist. Always bad news.

I'm hoping to heal the minor cavities and keep that other wisdom tooth. This one refused to heal so I went it and they yanked it out.
    Vicodin kicked in, and I'm hungry, but I guess I'm fasting tonight because I'm too dopey to cook and don't want to chew.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

The dog is broken, so I hafta take her in to get her fixed today. I'm still not sure about work today. I guess it'll depend on how I feel after dropping the dog off.
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Okay, I've never had a tooth pulled but there is one I am considering getting yanked. How much does it hurt both during and after?
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

If you have a good dentist, they really make sure you're numbed up before they get in there, so you don't feel a thing during, except a LOT of pressure (no pain) and you hear the crunch as they take pieces out. After.... they're not joking about getting the drugs in your system before the novacaine wears off. I didn't quite get through Walgreens in time, because my extraction took so long and novacaine wears off quick with me, so I was crying in pain and frustration in Walgreens while they took they're sweet time filling. I must've looked like a junkie, but I really didn't care. This morning, the Vicodin has mostly worn off and it doesn't hurt much (still afraid to eat). The total pain amounts to what you feel when you poke a bruise, except for the throbbing in the socket that feels closer to poking a fresh wound in terms of pain. Thing is, both of those pains are constant, and the bruise poking pain radiates halfway up my face. I'm grateful for Vicodin, that's for damn sure, and I may avoid work, because I feel drained and like a zombie.
    Don't expect to want to eat, either. I skipped dinner last night and will probably skip breakfast. After tasting blood for so long and hurting and the Vicodin, eating slips pretty far down on the list of stuff you want to do.
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Damn. Thanks for the heads up. My dentist is in Mexico and while he is good, I am not sure I want to A) drive for an hour under vicodin or B) drive for an hour in pain without vicodin.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Kinda surprised they just yanked it without scheduling it beforehand. Did your face swell up? Why does that happen when they take wisdom teeth out? I had mine out right after my 18th birthday and my face was swollen for a week.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Zee
    Zee is offline Senior Member
    Oh yuck... dentist visit is bad enough, but an unexpected extraction? UGH! Hope you can avoid having the other one pulled.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Canio...You go to Mexico for the dentist? Sounds scary er...exotic.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67