Page 157 of 283 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167207257 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 2828

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 157

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I think it's actually anxiety at work that's causing issues, not air purity. If I'm able to calm down and relax, the elephant goes away. How do I relax when I'm worried about my job being yanked from beneath me? They've made no hints about it, quite the opposite. More and more I'm getting well projects and drainage reports, in addition to the multiphase project I'm already on. But the lizard brain keeps popping up reminding me that Arcadis gave no warning either, and how would I like to be unemployed again. My performance review was mediocre (boss never gives the highest ranking and has extremely high expectations.) I'm not the last one in, or the crappiest engineering employee. That anxiety of "perfection or utter failure (I still have trouble seeing the in between area) hits me always and the tiniest snag reads like utter failure to my lizard brain, which in turn spits out anxiety, which creates mistakes, a vicious cycle. I need to break it and see the grey between perfect and perfect fail.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Does GABA work for you? It can be too sedating for me, but maybe there is something similar that could help. A tea, perhaps? It sounds like you are awesome at your job and I have been there with the needless anxiety and it blows.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I hope you feel better soon - on all counts. Anxiety sucks.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

GABA is hit or miss. I'm trying a blend with l-theanine, rhodiola, ashwaganda, holy basil, and eleuthtro. It seems to help, so far. I'm definitely less anxious and can concentrate.
    In other news, today starts a new attempt at being grainless. I've been fairly lax since the diagnosis. I'm down to 128, even with mild sulfite bloat and grain squish.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Sounds like a good blend. I tried L-Theanine alone in the past with no noticeable benefits, but I think it works better with other things. I tried eleuthero root recently and got a nice energy boost as well as anxiety relief. I'm curious about the others, but that's an experiment for another time.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

In an effort to quantify the culprits:
    SAFE
    jambalaya- rice, onion, tomato, garlic, peppers, homemade chix broth, HEB garlic sausage, sanderson farms chix, and Kiolbasa ____ sausage
    veggies- lettuce, raw organic tom, org broc, raw green beans, org plum
    Not Safe

wine
    wine vinegar
    farmed shellfish
    salmon

Questionable
    brown sugar- in homemade banana bread by SIL
    green curry- possible mild reaction from canned coconut milk and canned bamboo shoots, or possibly GERD reaction
    pasta
    dairy
    black tea- anxiety at work?
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Holy shit, cross connection. I just noticed that my anxiety over work begins not long after I take my pills, which include D3 and fish oil gel caps. Mild sulphite poisoning can present as anxiety. It's quite possible that the same pills I take to keep from tweaking out are helping cause it. Maybe there's a liquid version of both worth something at the store. Carlson's for the fish oil, maybe.
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I'm curious. What brand of laundry detergent did you find that was sulfite free?
    Georgette

All- Free and Clear is the one I use. Reviews on the hippie brand that didn't have it said that it doesn't clean well and makes clothing feel like there's a film left on it if used in hard water.
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I tried that one before, but Tristan still broke out from it. Going to making my own seems to be the only thing that works for her.
    Georgette