Page 156 of 249 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 2482

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 156

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yesterday confirmed my suspicions that dairy is not my friend, in terms of acid reflux/ asthma. I want to run a few more tests today to see if it's indeed caffeine that's not my friend, or if it's caffeine + stress.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I forgot to write down most of today, but I can tell you that either the lemon bar or the smoked wild salmon is NOT my friend. Even after Tums, I'm still having trouble breathing. I think it may have been acid reflux from the lemon bar and sulphites used to keep the fish fresh on the boat combined, because it took Benadryl, B complex (anecdotal evidence that it helps with a sulphite dosing), and Tums to relieve it. I also affirmed the allergy to cigarette smoke and cleared caffeine as a culprit. Caffeine just seems to make things worse, but on it's own has no noticeable effects.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Whew, glad caffeine got cleared.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Yeah, I would've been pissed. I just stocked up on tea.
    Something at Rosa's was sulphited (extreme exhaustion, mild nausea, headache.) Probably the beans.
    Took a look at my shower supplies and realized a possible cause for the continual dandruff: almost every conditioner on the market has sulphites or something containing sulphites. Even at the hippie store, I found ONE conditioner that was safe. Had to change out deodorants too, the one I was using had corn starch and dextrose. Soap was safe (Ren fair soap FTW!) Face wash seems ok, but there were a couple questionable ingredients (yes, even in Burt's Bees.) Saline solution is ok.
    Will also need to change out laundry detergents. There are two on the market that are known to be safe. Even Seventh Generation and the other populat hippie detergent are sulphited.
    Now to get to bed. Hafta take Fogging Molly to get her CV boot replaced (under warranty, west Texas eats rubber) and then go to work because Boss's boss is a dick.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    What are the two laundry detergents that are considered in-sulfited?
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

All free and clear, and a hippie detergent I don't remember. Wanna get breakfast? I'm at the Toyota dealership.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Confirmation of the sulfite allergy. I ordered something I knew would be extraordinarily high in sulfites for dinner last night as a test: seafood, penne, white wine pink sauce. I got half way through it and started getting the exhaustion, migraine, and shortness of breath. By the time we got home, I had chest tightness and light/ smell sensitivity as well. I took some vitamin B at the restaurant, and it feel like it helped a little once it kicked in. Same goes for the Benadryl I took when I got home. Migraine went a way and a little bit of energy came back. I stayed up and played Torchlight II with the guys until 1 AM, but past midnight, my heart wasn't in it and I was nodding off at my keyboard. I went, got ready for bed, and passed out while they played Starcraft II.
    Knowing the allergy exists, I wonder how much onion and garlic I can get away with before issue. Tomatoes and peppers seem safe so far, as does black pepper. I think my threshold is high enough that I can eat the Holy Trinity (shouldn't that be Quadrinity, because of the onion?) but we'll find out.
    Now to go buy food for the week and sulphite free detergent, as well as do some work at the office. I think I'll be working late as well tomorrow.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Woke up this morning ROASTING. Think fever sweats. I also have a headache I'm trying to convince to go away with water. Given light is making worse, I think I just need to pop some Aleve.
    Also have a heavy wash week going. Washing all my clothes, all the towels, and all the sheets, as well as the comforter and couch covers in the sulphite free detergent in an effort to tryo to kill this allergy.
    If I can get through the day, I need to work late to finish fixing that stupid glitch in my big project.
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I wonder if soap nuts would be a viable option. The shells have natural saponification properties, or something like that. Not sure how to use them exactly.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I've replaced everything but the dish soap, and I'm iffy on the new conditioner.
    My Primal Battle Tome