Page 154 of 283 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204254 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 2828

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 154

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I love my in-laws, but last night's dinner about had me wanting to chuck my MIL across the room. I can understand not wanting to cook when you leave on vacation in less than 12 hours. But my body is letting me know that it's NOT HAPPY with last night's menu of Pizza Hut and Mug root beer (root beer because the only water they had left was tap water, which you don't drink if you have taste buds in your mouth.) I had a migraine for most of last night, thanks to the pizza's ubiquitous cottonseed oil and the sugar water.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I hope you are feeling better, Naiad.

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Dinner was salad, buttered steamed broc, steak bits, and a baked potato, with dairy. Seems every time I proclaim "I'M GOING PALEO" my brain goes "but look, dairy!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Yup the minute I declared in my journal that I was going paleo for life, the dairy monster came out. Worse, we have a ton of cheese left over from my son's graduation party.
    Me, Me, Me, Me to a t...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Welp, I'm boned. It's a sulfite allergy. Depending on how bad it is, based on trial and error, I'm resigned to a life without my holy trinity: onion, garlic, and chiles. I wanted answers, but not that one.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Welp, I'm boned. It's a sulfite allergy. Depending on how bad it is, based on trial and error, I'm resigned to a life without my holy trinity: onion, garlic, and chiles. I wanted answers, but not that one.
    *sniffles loudly for NK's garlic*
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I'm sorry this isn't the answer you were hoping for. I hope this helps, though.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

They have a much lower content than most other sulfite containing foods. I'll ditch everything else and hope they have a low enough dose for my body not to see it.
    My Primal Battle Tome

The true diagnosis was food allergy to sulfites, compounded by environmental allergies to the South, resulting in worsening asthma and possible GERD/ acid reflux. Doc seems to think if I can get the nasal allergies and sulfites under control, the asthma and GERD will possibly go negligible. He's also freaking out over my respiratory peak flow and how low it is. I told him it's always been that way and it made the concern worse. I've always failed the peak flow test, even after albuterol. He believes that what I consider to be normal breathing is more closely related to a normal person's shortness of breath, and what I consider to be shortness of breath is actually an asthma attack.
    He also recommended I keep a food diary, complete with reactions. This seems like the best place to do it, with a supplementary paper diary for when out of internet range.
    Day 1, without sulfites
    no breakfast, no lunch, only black pu-erh tea before lunch
    shortness of breath upon walking through smoker's cloud after getting back to work, no wheezing, single dry cough
    single dry cough passing by cologne bather's office
    mild/ regular shortness of breath throughout afternoon
    dinner- Five Guys hamburger, no bun, 2 patty, iceberg lettuce, tomato slice, pickles, mustard, house made french fries with salt fried in peanut oil. Chest phlegm broke loose after dinner, easy breathing, reclogged within half an hour.
    To start Singulair and Xyzal this evening.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Interesting. Last night, after the meds, my lungs started hurting in a good way. It's the "we haven't been used like this to hold this much air in forever" pain, a close relative of the cold air pain. I'm also still hocking up gunk. I can feel that I'm actually using more of my lungs. My peak flow is still shit (250 L/ min, should be closer to 425-430.) It feels like my respiration rate has gone down.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Canned tomatoes or cheese. I reacted to lunch and it may be one of those. Or it could be GERD masquerading as allergy. Hmmm.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Day 2 without sulfites
    Up at 615
    Clear chest. Peak flows 250, 250, and 350 L/min. Hoping that increase continues.
    Mild trouble breathing (closer to original "normal" for me.) Possibly due to co-worker's cologne, a candle, or the smoke cloud I hafta walk through to get into the office.
    Pu-erh tea for breakfast, no noted reaction.
    Lunch of 1.5 chile rellenos, consisting of Anaheim chiles, cojack cheese, canned tomato, pecans, raisins, sour cream and roasted or boiled chicken. Water to drink. Zantac, lactose pills, and digenstive enzyme prior to meal by 15 min. Reacted halfway through 2nd relleno with trouble swallowing. Quit eating immediately.
    Trouble breathing within 20 minutes of first bite, but only parallel with a bad breathing day, not an asthma attack or anaphylactioid reaction. Coughing spell within 45 minutes, productive. Tired, trouble concentrating after meal, and trouble breathing lasted all afternoon. Single cough, productive, around 3, felt deeper than usual, almost like a bronchitis cough. Hoarseness onset around 1600. Sore throat onset around 1730.
    My body did NOT like that meal. I've had it before, possibly similar reaction, but not as severe. Possibly asthma/ GERD will get worse before better.
    Possible triggers: tomato or peppers, via GERD; sulfites in canned tomato, cheese, raisin, and sour cream (last 2 questionable.)
    Pain in shoulder and neck also prominent, possibly inflammation from allergic reaction?
    Took antacid after work, symptoms noticeably better. Means it's GERD related. May mean cutting canned tomato (citric acid and tomato) or peppers. Should probably cut cheese anyways, although that dose (~2 tbsp) unlikely to cause reaction from GERD.
    Dinner to be grilled HEB garlic sausage (ingredients safe, only thing questionable is the garlic), tortilla chips (not primal, but sulfite free) and salsa (check for GERD symptoms.)
    My Primal Battle Tome