Page 152 of 278 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 2773

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 152

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Goddammit! I ate what I thought was an apple. It tasted kinda fake grapey, so I looked at the package (should've been my first clue) and discovered it was a "grapple", or an apple doctored with "natural and artificial grape flavor."
    Who even thought of doing that???

Candy in Wonderland is online now Senior Member
    Iewwww, why take a perfectly healthy, good fruit and manipulate it with artificial flavor of another fruit???
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I dunno. It had enough apple flavor that I just ate the damn thing and swore off eating apple from a package at my in-laws again. I guess they bought them for my niece. It looked like a plain Fuji apple. From what I can divine from their website and the wiki, they either hydroponically grow apple grafts in "grape" water or only give the tree "grape" water to drink. I can't stand fake grape flavor, but didn't want to throw it out, so I shared it with my my father in law.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Wow! Learn some new disturbing car every day! I mean, food is expensive enough to grow, but lets make grape flavored apples in a lab. Just wow!

For some reason, my body really reacted well to the German red cabbage. My belly is flatter than I've seen it in quite a while, and my "tight" pants fit almost loose. Peculiar. I wouldn't consider it fermented, since it simmered in the vinegar water for well over half a n hour.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I'm confused about your sister... what was her crime again? Did she commited it against your grandmother? I would venture a guess that her living with your parents would violate her parole unless they sign an agreement that says she can live there, like you said, but per her parole, I don't think she would be able to frequent holiday gatherings b/c you too would have to sign a form allowing her to come into contact with you. Messed up deal.

I have a cousin who has what they suspect to be autism/bi-polar disorder (why they grouped them is beyond me b/c they're two different illnesses). Anyhow, he causes problems all the time - he lives in a halfway house because his mom can't handle him (she doesn't try either). At one point, when he was younger and she'd had a new baby, she was worried he'd harm the baby, so she put a slide lock on his bedroom door so he couldn't get out and harm the baby at night. DHS got wind of this and told her she could not do that and had to remove the lock. They granted her the authorization to put him in a group home if she was truly worried about the health and safety of the baby. He's been in and out of the system since then. I think he was 7 or so when she shipped him off.

At one point he came home on "leave" to visit with family and barred himself in her house with a loaded shotgun and refused to come out. Police finally talked him out of the house and he went to the University psych ward for testing and was again committed to a halfway house - where he lit a trash can on fire and started all kinds of fights with people. He was later kicked out and had to find a new home. I think he's been in 3 or 4 different halfway houses. After getting kicked out of the last one, he was sent to live with his dad, who himself should be considered a low functioning adult/mildly mentally handicapped as a direct result of a motorcycle accident that landed him in ICU in a coma for 2 weeks (went head first into a road sign). He now drinks himself into an oblivion and does drugs. He's been commited to rehab facilities by the state on more than 3 occasions, but comes home and does the same crap all over again. So, they sent a young adult with obvious anger and self-control issues to live with his alcoholic father who suffered significant brain trauma... We had to warn all the stores in town to watch him b/c he's a shoplifter as well. My cousin wasn't there long before someone put him in another home.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

My sister's supposed crime was conspiracy to murder my grandmother. I believe her then husband had every intention to do so. Cassie would have committed suicide before intentionally harming my grandmother. Her then husband played her for a pansy. He and what I suspect was his true accomplice tried to pin it on on cassie. It worked, but his sentence was longer. The little bitch skipped away scot free.
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    wow... that's messed up. What was the motive?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

The motive was that everything my grandmother had would go to him/ them, which was flawed logic. My grandmother laughed at it, even. He (they, maybe) seemed to believe that, since she allowed them to sponge off her, they would be entitled to what precious little of an estate she had. That logic presumed that somehow, one granddaughter or scumbag of a grandson-in-law would come ahead of her daughter, sons, and other grandchildren in the line of succession. I think my grandmother told him, after they got arrested and Cassie wasn't around, that he could have her bills when she died because he "sure as sin wasn't getting anything else and you can't destroy a dead woman's credit."
    Cassie eventually woke up, a little, in prison and divorced him. To my knowledge, all of his shit that they cleared out of my grandmother's property is in a little storage locker. I think Mom stopped paying the bill on it the instant Cassie signed the divorce papers.
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Oh wow, I didn't realize that was what happened with your sister. Crazy stuff.
    Georgette