Page 151 of 272 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 2711

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 151

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Slept most of yesterday after work. I think if the 17 hours between then and now, I slept all but 3. I broke down around 2 AM and took more Pepto, this time the liquid. It worked, but it reaffirmed my thinking that pink chalky stuff should not be minty.
    Ok, family drama:
    Last Sunday, my sister sent me a warning that middle sister was being kicked out of her parole halfway home. I got further detail from my father later that night. They believe she has much more extensive mental issues than anyone has tested her for and she was abusing animals, picking fights, throwing temper tantrums, and in general being my middle sister. They suspect autism, possible Down's, sociopathy, and more mental disorders my father didn't name, in addition to her untreated ADHD. As it stands they have no place for her and her abuse of animals nor the capabilities for the therapy she needs. They called my father Friday or Saturday and said "you have until Wednesday to find a new place for her." New wrinkle in the plan: she is not allowed to have contact with any blood relative of the victim, my grandmother, under the terms of her parole. My mother and father filled out the form/ letter stating that they would allow her full contact. My youngest sister and I have not, nor do we intend to. My parents aren't even sure the letter/ form was correct or worked. If it did not, only my father and my father's side of the family could house her, and living with my mother could void her parole. My gandfather had already said no, saying he "will not sacrifice a bright future for an uncertain one" (my youngest sister is living with him while in college.) I have already pointed out that she is not allowed to live with me and it would harm all involved more than help. My father and mother intended to pick her up and take her back to my parents' home.
    My father is working on getting the state to pay for her mental testing and they'll go from there. He is like my sister and me; wouldn't be surprised by any result they got back. he also thinks her brain may have "cooked" a little when she had a really high fever that landed her in the hospital when she was about 6 months old. He agrees that she should have been tested a LONG time ago, but that is one of the very few things my mother ever flat out said no to him about us. She seems to believe that a diagnosis would have harmed Cassie's future by her landing in special ed and not forced to work up to her capabilities (not that she ever did.) Kinda like I should've been tested for anxiety and depression in high school, but no one ever did.
    If going back to my parents' place does not break her parole, that means I get the joy of Thanksgiving with someone I do not like and wish no contact with ever again. I know I'll hafta face her eventually, as she'll never be able to live on her own (she was tested by the state and discovered to have the mental and emotional maturity of a 10-12 year old.) I do not love her, except for the token relative love, and haven't liked her since about 20 years ago. She has no compassion or empathy, only what would serve her immediate interests and what role you can play in making those happen, regardless what it does to you. At one point, before the head wound and possible concussion, she had at least a hint of empathy and care for other people. As much as I have claimed over the years that she was framed, yadayada, a small part of me has always wondered if she was serious, because maybe, in her eyes, it was better for Cassie if my grandmother was no longer there and she could do as she pleased without chores. I don't know. I don't think I ever will. I'm not sure how much humanity she has and how much is a bad fakery.
    That's what's been on my brain the past few days.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I hope everything turns out for you and your family, however it turns out. I hope your sister gets an opportunity for testing & treatment.

Down's is a genetic disorder that would have been identified at birth, unless you did not mean Down's syndrome?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

She was born in '87. I did mean Down's Syndrome. If it was not part of normal OB services back then, she never got tested. My father seems to think she never was.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    A lot of testing for autism spectrum disorders and Down's weren't available. My niece is supposedly severely depressed. I'm leaning towards bi-polar now. She's showing signs of delusions of grandeur and I have this sneaky suspicion that her husband is going to leave her in the next year because of that. She's not working and just a bunch of craziness.

I'm sorry about the bs that is going on with your sisters parole. Sounds like she's either going to be a ward of the state or eventually homeless.
    Georgette

I know my parents intend to keep her until she can either handle herself or they age to the point they can't. At that point, it's anybody's guess. Family doesn't let family rot, but at the same time...
    We'll see. Hopefully, she can get tested and then get therapy/ meds to help her.
    My Primal Battle Tome

THe dog is officially a mighty hunter. She brought down a dove earlier today. I caught her midact and distracted her with praise and loving while the bird flew away. I don't mind her bringing them down and eating them, but I'm trying to train her that the humans get it before she eats it. If a few get away in the process, so be it.
    Today will be the dinner yesterday wasn't. Grilled shrimp and t-bones with grilled asparagus, crab, and pineapple for me and grilled corn and bread for him. Sides to also include salad and German red cabbage. He won't eat the crab or slaw, but more for me.
    My Primal Battle Tome

I think I'm going to try and go full paleo (barring what makes it into an otherwise safe meal at restaurants) for the next few weeks, just as insurance for the allergy test on the 16th. I may go whole hog and avoid food coloring/ msg where I can as well. It's not like either of those makes it into my cooking at the house.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Paleo flop last night. We went to my favorite little Italian shack last night, the one we visit maybe once every 6 months. I had the pasta and the excellent garlic bread.
    *TMI* I have made the discovery that my body now sees wheat as a mild poison, judging by the mass exodus starting late last night and continuing when I got up this afternoon. As rank and voluminous as the deposits were, my body is not happy with wheat. */TMI*
    My Primal Battle Tome

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I've gone strict paleo as well, and I'm totally with you on the wheat. Not touching that shit.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Goddammit! I ate what I thought was an apple. It tasted kinda fake grapey, so I looked at the package (should've been my first clue) and discovered it was a "grapple", or an apple doctored with "natural and artificial grape flavor."
    My Primal Battle Tome