Page 150 of 265 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200250 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 2641

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 150

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Up at 645. Missed my weights session. About to do it here in a sec.
    Lunch was 2 garlic sausages, half a cucumber, 1/8 oz cheese (with my nose stopped up, it doesn't taste that great), and 3 cherries.
    Dinner was a jar of La Madeleine Tomato Basil soup (yes, I know a "serving" is half a jar, honey badger don't care) and 2 romaine wraps with gouda, muenster, pastrami, corned beast, and lots or chunky brown mustard.
    After that, I deep cleaned the bathrooms, from standard cleaning to CLRing the toilet, scrubbing the shower grout, and wiping down the cabinets. I didn't do much to the unusable master shower (still need to fix that grout and afraid to run water in there until we do), but I did remove the caked on Ivory soap the previous owners were kind enough to leave behind. I could've made a whole new bar with what I scrubbed and scraped out. I did manage to get the orange scuz of nastiness out of the toilets with CLR. I also vacuumed the mattress topper and matress, did laundry, and changed the sheets. All in less than 2 hours. (Well, laundry's still in progress.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

And that would be why my form has been suffering and squats have been hurting. Stupid hip flexors and iliac crest. Time for Grok squats and flexor stretches throughout the day.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I did a full work up of squats this morning, because my workout last night didn't happen. My last several hurt my lower back, which prompted the research for the above post. I redid it again this evening, as well as my OHP and inverted rows, at lower weights for all. I backed it down to the last time I remember doing it with excellent form and really concentrated on form this time. Not rounding my back on the rows or arching my back on the OHP made it significantly more difficult, but it worked more muscles, it feels like (makes sense.) I also had to heavily concentrate on not flaring my elbows on the rows. I ended with a series of hip flexor and pelvic stretches (no, not that kind of pelvic stretch.) (I do those without a workout.)
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    You vacuum your mattress??? I didn't know that was something we were supposed to do...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I do, every once in a blue moon, to get the skin cells and allergens out of it.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Isn't that what a mattress pad is for? We have a tempurpedic and they're supposed to be too dense to 'collect' dust and dead skin cells. Plus, there is a cover on it that unzips and can be washed. I wash it everytime I wash our sheets.

It is. Supposedly, our memory foam topper isn't supposed to collect allergens either. I mostly do it as an experiment every 6 months or so. Seems to help a little, but not enough for me to start telling folks to do it. I usually do it around the time I air out the bed and topper by pulling the topper off for a few hours.
    3 AM and I really need to quit meeting like this. Nausea and stomach pain are never my friend, but last night was the worst of the batch. Geek attributes it to me working out on the evening instead of before work and thinks the mucinex stuff didn't help when I took it on Friday. I'm not sure I agree with that. It did start around the time frame I had to work out at night, but that wouldn't explain the nausea on Sunday, or Monday.
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I vacuum my mattress as well. I use baking soda when I do this to freshen it up.
    Georgette

Farking exhausted. Only 4 more hours of work to go.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Feel better soon, Naiad.