Page 148 of 279 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198248 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 2785

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 148

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Shop Now
    LBGTQ activism is illegal in Russia. I wouldn't want to live there!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I'd almost rather live there. Canada would be good other than the tax rate is outrageous.
    Georgette

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Washington or Pennsylvania are looking like the all around best states for the hot topics. Still doing research.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Parts of the Voting Rights Act were overturned because it is unfair/illegal to hold certain states to standards to which you are not holding others (equal protection/treatment under the law anyone?). Mandating that federal officials have to oversee elections and that certain states are not allowed to set their own voting districts while others are free to do so is clearly a violation of the Constitution.

As for the other, I am having a hard time deciding between keeping women second class citizens and killing babies. Gheesh, talk about your tough choices.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    As for the other, I am having a hard time deciding between keeping women second class citizens and killing babies. Gheesh, talk about your tough choices.
    They were trying to do both, just not in the open. What happens when you close down most women's clinics?
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    They were trying to do both, just not in the open. What happens when you close down most women's clinics?
    Ah, the huge back street abortion craze restarts. I'm not 100% sold on the idea that this was an epidemic as it is often portrayed. Then again, I am not a woman nor do I impregnate them so frankly I don't give a damn. I'm all about easy access to abortions even if I do not agree with them. So in all seriousness, I'm against most abortion restriction.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Sorry, NK, the political can of worms is opened . One of the problems is that people forget that clinics that provide abortion services DO NOT JUST provide abortion services. That means closing down so many huge clinics in one state would SEVERELY limit a number of healthcare resources for a LOT of people.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Ah, the huge back street abortion craze restarts. I'm not 100% sold on the idea that this was an epidemic as it is often portrayed. Then again, I am not a woman nor do I impregnate them so frankly I don't give a damn. I'm all about easy access to abortions even if I do not agree with them. So in all seriousness, I'm against most abortion restriction.
    Even without considering back alley abortions, there are still serious issues. If they shut down as many clinics as it sounds like will be affected, where are those women going to get their prenatal and other health checks?
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    Even without considering back alley abortions, there are still serious issues. If they shut down as many clinics as it sounds like will be affected, where are those women going to get their prenatal and other health checks?
    I'm not suggesting they shut down any clinics. I'm not sure why you think I am supporting shutting down anything.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    It's not the abortion clinics being shut down that's the issue. It's what it heralds and what it means. This was the ruling party's "foot in the door" to personhood and limiting birth control.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome