Page 147 of 278 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197247 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 2774

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 147

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Damn, some strong women up in here. Sadly, I have no idea even how to do a deadlift let alone one of my weight. Keep kicking ass!
    Yep. I'm a weak linker as well. My 12 yr old can perform a deadlift. I can barely do a body weight one.
    Georgette

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    My back and legs are the strongest parts of me. Always have been, mostly because I was expected to carry the weight of someone half again my size, because I developed late. I always carried a backpack, in high school it was usually at least half my weight. In high school, I went to a gym with a friend and he said he would put 20 lb on the rack, because I only weighed 80 lb. I did it with ease and told him to double it. He stood there and gawped at me, then explained that, as a joke, he'd put 120 lb on there. My back and my legs are where my power come from. Hand me an arms only exercise and I'm a pussy.
    I am proud of my lifts though. Few women my size can make claims to that much.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I used to be able to lift like that. I'm just hoping that when Caitlyn and I start working out next week, I can get some strength back. I'm not anticipating being able to join a gym until next year. I just have not had much motivation to work out as of late either.
    Georgette

Geo, if y'all have the room in the house, scout out plate weights and a basic rack at garage sales. It'd probably be cheaper than the gym. Either way, strength comes back fairly easily, and it's seems to be proportional to what it was.
    My belly is NOT happy with a choice I made yesterday. I'm going into work, if only to represent my work in the weekly "who fucked up this week" meeting. They call it a scheduling meeting, but there's an awful lot of blamestorming and smoke blowing for it to be a scheduling meeting.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I'd have to wait for a couple of kids to move out before that would be a possibility. I'm looking into a family membership to the Y next year.
    Georgette

Urgh. Argh. Blergh. I hate being exhausted sick. I honestly prefer the sniffly sneezies.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Still feeling crappy, but better than I was.
    In political news:
    Part of the Voting Rights act was effectively overturned for TX in a Supreme court case, allowing for the racial gerrymandering and further voter identification, which would further restrict whose vote actually meant anything or even got a chance to exist.
    As well SB5 (a bill that would effectively overturn Roe v. Wade in TX by placing overharsh restrictions on women and providers) has temporarily failed in the Texas Senate, via filibuster. There is heavy talk of another Special Senate being called for it by Gov. Goodhair.
    Neither of these have gone before the people in a popular vote.
    Geek and I have been talking for a while about leaving the state and possibly the Union. The knowledge that my hypothetical fetus that could not survive on its own would have more right to live than I is a bit too Handmaiden's Tale for me. If SB5 gets that Special Senate and passes, I believe we will be forced to start more heavily considering moving.
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I hate shit like this. The fucking SUPREME COURT is doing this shit. What the fuck can we do?
    Grrrrrr
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

DOMA is dead. Cmon, kill prop 8 too.
    My Primal Battle Tome

NK, what's sad is that Russia is looking like a fairly reasonable country anymore. Our country is going to the dogs.

Prop 8 is dead.
    Georgette