Page 145 of 272 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155195245 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 2711

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 145

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hmmm... well, if Naiad likes it, most everyone will, right? lol

I will still consider it then. I wonder how far off the step count is. Right now, with my arm band, on run days I average 16,000 steps. On weekends, I average 13,000. On non-run days (lifting days) I haverage about 11,000. It'd be interesting to try out the UP and see if the steps match. I would assume that it would have to be less sensitive to movement than the armband to avoid counting simple movement as a step, being on the wrist and all, but maybe it's more sophisticated than your typical pedometer.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Between armband and wristband, I believe the difference would be negligible. If it does change, I'd say you'd gain steps.
    I'm actually kinda worried about my intake now. I've hit my summer stride, which, this week, averages out to under 1000 cal/ day, closer to 750. The macros are right, on average. I'm eating until not hungry (not full or stuffed, just not hungry) for lunch and dinner. I'm burning closer to 1500/ day, according to my wristband.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Well, with the gelato last night, I hit 820 cal.
    Beast mode engaged! 5x5 70 lb squat, 5x5 55 lb OHP, 1x5 110 lb deadlift. Funnily enough, it wasn't the deadlift that did me in (I've been doing 4 more sets than I should've up until now.) It was those damn overhead presses. The last half of the fourth set and the last set were EVIL. You wouldn't think a 5 lb addition would do that, but oh dear god, I was shaking like a beaten chihuahua at the end of the last set.
    I wonder if it's the lack of caloric intake doing that to me. Research necessary, and figuring out how to cram more calories down my throat. I don't eat breakfast (food isn't appetizing until about 10, I may take the leftover coconut milk and mix it with some coffee at work), and I need to get more fat in elsewhere.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Shaking like a beaten chihuahua - perhaps the best description ever. Now I have to write a book just so I can steal that phrase
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Thanks! I was rather proud of it, and it was the most accurate description.
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    It could just be because we have super slow strength gains in the OHP. It's a hard move. I'm only up to 75 lbs after 8 weeks of lifting. I started at 45 lbs. OHP is hard and it's the first lift you'll plateau on, so says a StrongLifts newsletter I got. Just keep pushing.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Oy vey! Can't say I've ever gotten DOMS between the shoulder blades before. Nowhere else, just between the shoulder blades. Stupid deadlift. Goes nicely with the bitten lip and chewed cheek, lemme tellya.
    I'm going to keep upping the weight until it refuses to go up 5x5 with good form (which may well be another 5 lb, but I'm hoping not. I'd like to OHP half my weight or more before I plateau.)
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Probably a good sign for your posture, though! Not to say that it's bad, but that definitely helps keep things straight.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I'm thinking I finally hit a muscle that rarely gets used. It may be the muscle holding back my pull ups. I hope so.
    Work drama today. It sucked. I fixed it. It still sucks, but not as bad.
    Five Guys for lunch: lettuce wrap bacon cheeseburger, and half a regular fries.
    Sushi for dinner, when Geek gets done with work.
    My Primal Battle Tome

5x5 75 lb squat
    5x5 60 lb deadlift
    5x5 60 lb barbell row
    All done in less than 15 minutes, at the house.
    What's that about needing to be at the gym for an hour?
    My Primal Battle Tome