Page 144 of 283 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154194244 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 2828

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 144

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Reason number 345547468 I love birthdays: we had porterhouses, shrimp, crab, and salad for dinner. Even primal friendly (aside from the corn syrup and sugar) dark chocolate gelato.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 Guest
    Happy birthday! (if it is yours) Happy food for the birthday! (if not yours)

It was Geek's. I mere;y reaped the food bennies.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    happy birthday, and food bennies!

Lifted again this morning: 5x5 60 lb squats, 5x5 50 lb overhead press, and 5x5 90 lb deadlift. I'm half tempted to try a PR deadlift for my body weight, just to see if I can.
    Lunch was lettuce wrap leftovers: steak, shrimp, 1 year aged chedddar, and brown mustard. I LOVE a good, spicy brown mustard. That bright yellow stuff scares me.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Today is cleaning, and off to see if I can scare up some shorts that fit (more of a hips/ waist/ ass/ thighs challenge, as I rarely do Daisy Dukes.)
    I'm also experimenting with a new toy. The fitbit went through the washer, so I got a Jawbone Up (off ebay, for 2/3 the price, still in box.) Definitely more data. Kind of a bummer that it'll only sync with the phone (maybe the tablet, haven't checked yet) and that's the only way I can see my data, but that the only downside I've found so far. Not the biggest fan of their food part of the app.
    Weight is back under 130, even eating a roll and a half yesterday. 128 and change.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Today's weights: 5x5 65 lb squat, 5x5 45 lb bench press, 5x5 45 lb row.
    Yesterday was FAther's Day/ Geek's birthday party at the in- laws. Steak, salad, and onion rings were eaten. Cake was had (a small sliver to be polite, and I picked off the "edible" paper and much of the frosting.) Hostages were exchanged.
    The Up seems much more likely to overcalculate steps, to the point of being a good 20% higher than the fitbit. Dunno if it's overcalculating or the fitbit under calculated, though.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Lunch was gyro leftovers in lettuce wraps.
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Today is cleaning, and off to see if I can scare up some shorts that fit (more of a hips/ waist/ ass/ thighs challenge, as I rarely do Daisy Dukes.)
    I'm also experimenting with a new toy. The fitbit went through the washer, so I got a Jawbone Up (off ebay, for 2/3 the price, still in box.) Definitely more data. Kind of a bummer that it'll only sync with the phone (maybe the tablet, haven't checked yet) and that's the only way I can see my data, but that the only downside I've found so far. Not the biggest fan of their food part of the app.
    Weight is back under 130, even eating a roll and a half yesterday. 128 and change.
    It won't sync with a computer? Like any computer?? What info does it give on the phone? I am looking at one of these but haven't gotten one yet (waiting on my stepmom to find the Amazon gift card she bought for me for graduation). Curious to see if it's worth it if it can't sync to a computer. My BodyMedia armband syncs to a computer but is soooo blatently obvious that it's being used b/c it's so big. Jawbone was going to be my secret.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm experimenting to see if I can trick the app onto the computer and see what happens. If I csn force the app, it should read to the computer. As of now, there's no official program for it to talk to the computer. Its also picky about which phones it'll talk to, but not as picky as the website claims. Gives a lot more data than the fitbit.Light sleep vs deep sleep vs awake. Activity levels. An idle alarm, as well as an alarm to wake you during light sleep. I really like it.
    My Primal Battle Tome