Page 143 of 272 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193243 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 2711

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 143

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Apparently, I was extremely flatulent while I slept, thanks to the cake.
    Lunch was homemade mahi curry, with mahi mahi, green beans, zucchini, carrot, and tom, and coconut milk with butter and madras powder.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Dinner was a porterhouse with a north African rub (entirely too much cumin, I think we'll cut that in half and add some cinnamon next time) and a salad with a garlic Italian vinaigrette.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quickie of yesterday: Lunch was a chicken and fruit salad with caesar dressing, dinner was leftover fried rice with mystery meats (I picked out the nasty peas.) No lifting, and DOMS was kicking my ass. Still is, but I got in 5x5 of 50 lb squats, 50 lb bench presses, and 50 lb rows. Plenty of stress from a moron of a boss (not the one I'm friends with, but the dotted line to the side of her.)
    My Primal Battle Tome

Lunch was leftover mahi curry, with added fish and spinach. I performed a miracle this morning, and they better fucking remember it. They won't, because they never do, but it's on record.
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Crossing my fingers that they remember the miracle. Some bosses would benefit from a smack upside the head it seems.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I knew I heard the aha sound of a miracle.
    Georgette

About to perform a lesser miracle at work, this one less along the lines of fish and loaves and more along the lines of stone soup.
    Dinner was steak (I've made better), shrimp (in some kind of over sweetened bourbon sauce), rice, mashed potatoes, broccoli and cheese, and a salad.
    Then we went to HEB and I picked up stuff for today's lunch, which is in the fridge. 1 carrot, 1 celery rib, 2 sausages, 3 oz 1 year cheddar, half zuke, half cuke, and 3/4 apple, all chopped into finger food.
    The we came home and attempted to tame the jungle. Choked the mower because the mower blade was duller than a butter knife. Found out that I do have an allergy to grass, as I started to swell with itchy eyes and sneezing. I probably wouldn't have bothered me if Geek hadn't insisted on going bagless to spread the seed and mulch, and then the mower clogged every 5 seconds. The mower had to work so much harder that it ran out of charge before I finished the front yard. (Normally I can get front and back without it starting to run down.) Popped a benadryl, aleve, and chlortab when I got back in, after my shower.
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Grass allergies suck My feet and legs get itchy when I'm on grass "unprotected". What's your current "allergy blend" for drugs/supplements?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

As I so rarely have true allergies, it's the aforementioned benadryl/ aleve/ chlortab mix.
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I'm allergic to grass but not trees which is a strange mix apparently. I do take Benadryl at night to help.
    Georgette