Page 138 of 272 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188238 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 2711

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 138

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    At 28, I was humongous so I have nothing to say about that. However, I ran into a dear friend Friday who says I am looking more mature facially. I kind of wonder if facially, I'm looking comfortable in my own skin? At first, I thought he meant I'm starting to look old?
    Georgette

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Mature doesn't necessarily mean old. It means you look more comfortable in your own skin and happier in yourself.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    The body maturity idea makes sense and I'm sure primal-style eating helps with that too. I think a lot of us underestimate how hard it can be to actually listen to our bodies. There's a lot of, "Why aren't you doing what I want you to?" instead of, "What am I doing wrong that is making you unhappy?"
    I kinda wonder if that's part of what's happening with you as well, in terms of shift. Your body may still be coming into full bloom.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Relaxing on foods that I shouldn't necessarily eat has certainly helped, I can tell you that much! The jeans I bought 2.5 years ago to accommodate for some extra flub now fit even better (after shrinking out of them and then growing back into them) due to muscle gain or redistribution of some kind. Thank Grok for squats!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Yeah, I hear you. That's why I've relaxed on rice. While I'm not actively avoiding dairy, I'm also not seeking it out. Cheese just hasn't sounded good recently and I rarely consume any other form of dairy.
    My Primal Battle Tome

I have a dilemma. A very close friend of mine is sinknig deeper into depression. His girlfriend relayed a generified version of what she'd noticed so I could help. While I have noticed some signs, he hasn't actively shown enough of them for me to be justified to help based on those. He has major trust issues, and pushing about the depression has backfired on me before. I'm more than willnig to help him, but I don't want to approach him too early or the wrong way on it, nor do I want him to brush me off. Girlfriend is going to try to gently point out that I'm here for him if he doesn't want to involve her, but I want to reach out myself as well. Ive been in that hole, but don't remember how people were able to lower a ladder without me chewing them out.
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Ergh, I know that feeling. Hulky was a ladder-chewer . I tend to send out feelers for help and feel like I'm getting it nowhere (part of it is not asking the right people or not asking efficiently). I don't know how in touch you are with this friend on a regular basis. If it wouldn't seem too unusual, just reaching out the feelers to see how he's doing, maybe make plans if possible, is a good first step. Do you think he'd be too skeptical from just that?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

He's part of Saturday game night. He wasn't as vibrant as usual, or as active. He can overread things, so I'm trying to be cautious.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Yeah, tomorrow. Because you're my only damn client and I can pull this shit out of my ass. How politely can I tell you to go to hell and wait in line?
    My Primal Battle Tome

Yes, I'm here. Just haven't had much to say. Been mostly primal, except for a splurge night and pizza last night. Geek wants me to test a theory, so I had a slice of sourdough bread a few minutes ago. Tonight's dinner is steak, pepper poppers, and salad.
    My house got it's weekly cleaning earlier, just waiting for Geek to get up so I can vacuum. The jungle I call a front yard has been tamed.
    I went perfume shopping. I've been loosely hunting for a new one for a few months now, but decided to really hunt today. Found one I like, amidst all the girly, froufrou flowery shit and "clean" smells and fruity crap. I pretty much went up to the lady and said "I have a feeling what I'm looking for may not be a woman's smell, but maybe you can help me." She had me try a few that had overly sharp top notes (I hate a sharp note in my perfume anywhere. Spicy, yes, sharp, no.) I then told her what I used to wear and she made a beeline for the one I chose: Bulgari Jasmin Noir. It has all the right notes and a musky, spicy background.
    My Primal Battle Tome