Page 137 of 283 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187237 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 2828

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 137

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yes, I mean 1.5% of annual gross pay. Well, give or take. 1.5% is what the bonus rounds out to.
    I generally try not to mention actual dollar amounts here (or anywhere but the house.) I was raised to believe talking about dollar amounts was crude and could be cruel to those who had less.
    Apparently, all of (at least) engineering saw a similar bonus (in terms of dollar amount.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    This is rough reading on a Down Day. : (
    I was raised the same as you.

Bonuses are great as they do make you feel appreciated. It's king of nice to have one in the middle if the year. We get sales commissions here.
    Georgette

I used some of the money to buy some bras and a pair of jeans at Dillards. Levi's fit again, and fit better than Old Navy. With jeans that fit so perfectly, I can tolerate being a 4. I actually have room between skin and fabric in the thigh and the waist and hips fit perfectly. I haven't had jeans this good in YEARS. Granted, I'm not big on the wash, but at least it's still dark and mostly uniform.
    Bras, on the other hand... *RANT WARNING.* I went hunting for bras at the one place in town that carries my size. I know I wear a less common size. There is still NO excuse to not carry pretty, comfortable bras in my size. You see that bra that fits perfectly on my size, the one that's only beige or black? Make it in purple. Make it in red. Hell, make it in green. You see that bra that looks gorgeous in 5 different colors that has my size tag on it? I don't want to wear NEOPRENE as my bra. Have you been anywhere besides fucking Scotland recently, designer? You see that gorgeous purple one? Too bad, you're not the all hallowed 36C. You love that wonderful navy blue one? Too bad, the smallest they go is a 34. Yes, I know I could go online for this, but I HATE bra shopping online. It's always a guess and it's an iffy guess. I shouldn't fucking have to, either. All I ask is that you carry a single solitary bra in my size in the styles you carry if the manufacturer makes it. If someone else beats me to the punch, oh well, but at least me and my large boob, small chest ladies aren't outright ignored. Why do so many women wear the wrong bra size? Because we aren't given the fucking option. If you aren't between a 32A to 40DD, good fucking luck. And if you have a small chest, you better hope to god you got small tits. If you got a large chest, you better hope to god you got large tits. It doesn't matter where on the scale you fall, you better hope your nipples aren't in an anatomically correct position, otherwise, you fall out of anything that's not a gramma bra. I should go into business making REAL bras for real women, not mannikins with no nipples. I'm fucking tired of 3 part bras with inner seams (hi, itching and chafing), bras that I pop out of if I so much as breathe wrong, bras that make me look fucking Amish, push up bras not being labelled as such, underwire that stabs me, lace that itches, bands that can't hold the weight, and stitching that can't hold up. Add in underwear for women who don't like their ass hanging out, but don't like granny panties, and I could make a fucking mint.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

My mother in law just asked if I had lost weight, because my waist and hips look smaller. Oddly enough, I really haven't, but I've noticed the shrink in the mirror. I'm going to chalk it up to summer weight shift and getting back on the wagon. Mostly. Aside from the occasional rice.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    I'm still pondering the thought process behind putting a plastic clip on a front-closing D-cup...
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

I hate front closures anyways. Makes it hard to adjust things to fit in there without popping the closure.
    Boss can go fuck himself. I'm not doing work on a fucking holiday because he can't schedule worth a fuck.
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is online now Senior Member
    That sucks the boss wants you to work on a holiday.

I don't like front closure bras either. I think they make the girls look less natural.
    Georgette

Not so much that he wants me to or expects me to as he assigned an impossible deadline because he doesn't know reality from his ass.
    My Primal Battle Tome

In regards to food, weight, and shape:
    I've been eating grain free, aside from white rice a couple times a week. I've been mostly dairy free, aside from the odd trip to Fourbucks and weekly froyo. No legumes at all. Not through any particular attempt, aside from Sundays with the in-laws- I occasionally hafta buy a zuke on the way there. I've been eating what sounds good and grains haven't (aside from white rice.)
    In response to this kick, my body has shifted. My waist is definitely smaller, my hips and ass are within the 1/2- 1" wobble of measurement that's normal for me. My boobs and ribcage are roughly the same. My thighs don't seem to have shrunk any, not that I ever really care about that. My pants do fit better, as do my shirts. Pants I struggled to button a few weeks ago button with ease now. Shirts that were painted on a week ago are comfortably fitted now.
    I know I have a seasonal size wobble of roughly a half size (larger in the winter.) I think that's natural for me, as I always have had that. I want to think that's winter famine/ summer feast body thoughts, where it hangs on to all it can get in the winter and knows it can always get more in the summer.
    I also understand the female body doesn't fully mature until roughly the age I am now (28.) I wonder if this fight I've been fighting has been more of a body maturity thing, where it's been shifting from pubescent to adult. I think some of it has been fat to lose, but most of it has been fighting my body while it did it's job.
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The body maturity idea makes sense and I'm sure primal-style eating helps with that too. I think a lot of us underestimate how hard it can be to actually listen to our bodies. There's a lot of, "Why aren't you doing what I want you to?" instead of, "What am I doing wrong that is making you unhappy?"
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).