Page 133 of 271 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 2705

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 133

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Sounds like a great plan, but why don't you support Komen? Just curious. I don't know much about the organization except that they raise money for breast cancer.
    They seem to raise money for breast cancer AWARENESS. Everyone is very much aware of breast cancer. They just do not give much to actually do anything about it.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I just had a heart attack moment. A tornado hit Granbury last night. That's where Paca's girlfriend lives and where he spends much of his time. Thankfully, they're both fine, but I was scared for a second.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Whew, glad they are okay.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Scary. : (

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Glad they're ok.

One thing we're going to find with Obamacare going into effect is that there will be less public funds available for cancer research and the such. Actually, from what I remember reading, most research funds will come from private donations.
    Georgette

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    This is why I don't donate to Goodwill anymore. Salvation Army or battered women's shelters is where I give my stuff.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Unfortunately, I don't believe Odessa has a women's shelter, only Midland. I refuse to give to Salvation Army for religious reasons (they make the homeless sit a church service before they can get shelter for the night.) The Goodwill here actually employs what most would consider to be the unemployable, those with lower mental capacities and other developmental issues severe enough to interfere with a "real" job. It also donates much to the community, which means I have no issue giving them my cast offs. Even if they do get a profit, it goes right back into the community.
    I'm not going to get further into politics, but I know one of the reasons Obamacare is light on funding for pretty much all research is so they can pay back at least some of the deficit (well, and pay for the war we shouldn't be involved in.)
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    See, I had a problem with the Goodwill turning a profit when they didn't have to buy the goods they're selling. I've seen our local salvation army do good things for people who have lost all of their belongings to fire. They do sell some of the stuff they get. I have been considering donating to the Red Cross before the SA, but haven't had an opportunity. I spoke with our women's shelter recently and they're graciously accepting upwards of 15 tote boxes of kids clothes - I just have to find the time to get them all into bags so I can keep my tote boxes. It won't be this weekend as I'm prepping to host a 31 gifts party, but maybe next weekend.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Hmmm.. forgot to take my walks at work today, so I'm 2100 steps behind. Thankfully, I still need to mow and vacuum and sweep.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Lunch was fajitas at Rosa's (beef skirt, iceberg, cheese, sour cream, guac, salsa, and sour cream.) Breakfast was a 2 egg fauxrito around a link of garlic sausage. Dinner was ribs, iceberg salad, pickles, and green beans.
    Steps so far today is 8373.
    Last edited by naiadknight; 05-16-2013 at 07:02 PM.
    My Primal Battle Tome