Page 131 of 272 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 2713

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 131

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    You can get them to make any dish with spinach instead of pasta. Just beware that it likely won't be much food. I'm also not sure on their state of gluten cross contamination, as that's not really an issue for me. I think the fradiarolla with spinach would be safe, as I think they make that one of the spot. I'm not sure about the carbonara, as it may be roux based. The marinara and alfredo should be ok, but I'm not sure about contamination. Their salad is safe, so long as you specify no cretins. No soup is safe, they all have noodles. I'd say stay away from white sauces that aren't alfredo, because I'm not sure which are roux based. Oh shit, night shades. Spinach alfredo may work. Their salad is still okay sans cretins, I think. I'm not sure if the crab they use is Krab or not, never ordered it.
    TL;DR: Salad sans cretins, replace noodles with spinach, avoid white sauces except wine, butter, and alfredo sauces due to possible roux use, and beware gluten cross contamination. Don't bother with anything fried, it's all breaded. No soup for you. Cross examine the server as needed.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Great instructions! Now I know if/when I ever end up there!

Glad you enjoyed your trip to Dallas. I hope your work day is problem free so you can go home early! I'm off at noon today to donate blood. We get a 4 hour pass for blood donations. It'll work out great b/c now I don't have to take leave to get home, iron my graduation gown, pick my kids up, drop them off at mom's and be back to the University by 4:30.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    I'm not going to worry much about nightshades this weekend.

As for it not being much food...friends are roasting a whole pig earlier for their wedding reception. I might still be full by the time we get to Mi Piaci.

Thanks for the info!
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I'm jealous that you get to leave at 3 on Fridays as long as you have your 40 hours in. The only thing I get in my office is that we don't schedule appointments on Fridays unless they are emergencies. Spending my day doing online trainings today.
    Georgette

I know I'm late on the ball, but I finally figured out what Mom's getting for Mother's Day: a painting by moi. I still need to decided what I'm writing over the scene, though.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I know I'm late on the ball, but I finally figured out what Mom's getting for Mother's Day: a painting by moi. I still need to decided what I'm writing over the scene, though.
    I still haven't figured out what mine are getting beyond the description of potted flower...

Sent from my USCC-US760 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Happy Mother's Day!!!!
    Today, I think I finally made my peace with my mother. We held down a civilized conversation, and during it, I had an upsight: she did what she could. Right, wrong, indifferent, cold, warm, she tried. I can't say she failed as a mother. Her ways made us all fiercely independent and turned out better adults than many of the coddled babes I see in the world now.
    We learned the ways of money early. My parents went into credit counseling around the time I was 8 or 10. I remember helping my parents chop up the credit cards. I remember going from the relative luxury of going out to eat or going for Little Caesar's and Blockbuster once a week to maybe once every few months. My parents were very up front: "we can't afford it" or "things are tight right now, I can't make pad thai." We learned the roughs of budgeting by watching Mom and Dad decide dinner or whether Mom could afford the gas for a trip out to visit grandma. We learned to avoid temptation of spending by not going where you could be tempted.
    We learned self sufficiency early. As soon as we could reach the counter by standing on a chair, we were helping peel garlic or tear lettuce. As soon as we could stand on a chair and reach the stove dials (set above the stove at roughly 4' off the ground), we were learning to cook. First Chef Boyardee and ramen, then eggs, then helping with dinner. As soon as we had the fine muscle control for a knife,we were helping chop veggies and meat for dinner. We all had chores, whether or not Mom and Dad were doing allowance at the time.
    We learned the reality of a harsh world. I had an allowance of $2/ week when I bought my first bicycle. I saved up most of a year for that thing and was so proud of it, lovingly chaining it to the jungle gym every night. It was stolen not two weeks later. My parents dug deep and replaced it, getting me a better cable to chain it up with. We grew up with gunshots, drive- bys, and a crackhouse down the road. Our world was not lollipops and cotton candy.
    We also grew up with our interests encouraged as much as my parents could. My mom would take us storm chasing because of my love of tornadoes and meteorology. Cassie loved the family trip to Sea World because of her love for sea mammals. Pat doubled the already extensive Lego and K'Nex. We never heard "that's a boy's toy" or "why do you want something like that?"
    Shows of love didn't happen. We didn't hug much or kiss at all. The family was too practical (and afraid) for that. We showed our love in other ways: giving up precious Legos for a sculpture for Father's Day, cleaning beyond our required chores when Mom and Dad had a long week, babysitting on the fly so Mom could go hang out with her friend, that sort of thing. We weren't lovey dovey. I sometimes wonder if that's how it should've been, but you can't miss what you never had.
    My mother may not have been perfect, but she tried. She dealt with her own issues while trying to handle a kid with bouts of undiagnosed depression, a kid with severe ADHD, and a semi- normal kid. Things weren't perfect, but she did what she could.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Very nice that you have come to forgive your mother. Very nice playback of your life. Very often, our background is not what we wish it to be, but it is what makes us who we are today, and if we turned out alright, then chances are our parents didn't do such a bad job after all. It's hard to remember that sometimes.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    At some point, I think I was in my 30's, I realized that my mom had had a very difficult and fairly miserable life. It wasn't fair or realistic of me to expect her to be a great mom. She did as well as she could. And that is really all we can expect of anyone. Given that all of us grew up, graduated college, and made decent responsible lives for ourselves says a great deal. And so now I can be friends with her, and be a halfway decent daughter who calls and sends cards and hopes for the best. Of course I still need reminders now and then! Mother's Day provides that for me.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Herro, new to your little corner of MDA.. ^^ This post hit home for me. Made me reflect on the relationship I have with my mother, and how she was treated by her family when she was growing up. It's definitely easy to sometimes disagree with what moms say or how they act or treat us, but... At least for me I need to remind myself that my mom wasn't coddled and told she was loved all the time, not much physical affection, etc.. So I guess it's natural that's how she is with her own kids. O.o Anyhow... Looking forward to keeping up on your journey. =)
    ♣════۩۞۩ஜஜ۩۞۩════♣
    .♪♫]▓▓║MisguidedGhost║▓▓[♫♪.
    ♣════۩۞۩ஜஜ۩۞۩════♣