Page 129 of 283 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179229 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 2828

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 129

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I made ghee out of Kerrygold. I wasn't impressed with the taste of regular ghee (Purity Farms organic, pastured ghee) but the Kerrygold ghee is amazing!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I'm too lazy (especially right now) to make ghee when butter or olive oil are right there.
    Allergies are kicking my ass. Either that, or it's a cold. With no cough and minimal sneezing, I'm unsure. I do know I'm exhausted and clogged. Broke down and added 2 benadryl and 2 aleve to my daily stack, to help with the histamines and the inflammation. We'll see how well it works. I maybe stacking those until allergy season is up or this cold is gone, whichever it is. If those fail me, I may liberate some of Geek's Sudafed with phenylwhatever.
    I get to go to a "Golden Spike Ceremony," meaning I get to go stand in an open range field for the celebration of completing a rail spur. It's outside, brownie points, and I don't hafta think. Yay!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    It's outside, brownie points, and I don't hafta think. Yay!
    Sounds suspiciously like joining the Army to me. Run while you still can!

Kidding aside, I didn't know they still did Golden Spike Ceremonies. That is cool to hear.

I'm so uncultured! I have no idea what that is. But if it's something you're looking forward to, I'm excited for you! Anytime you can be outside and not have to think, but still be considered "working" is a great thing for sure! Have a good time!!

And thanks for the support on my journal. It means a lot.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Cori popped by my journal yesterday and laid some knowledge down about stacking allergy meds. Zantac is apparently an anti-histamine and works well with major players like Allegra or Zyrtec. I'm going to try it soon. Allergies are crazy this season.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I passed this info along to a friend which chronic hives last night. I hope it helps her but have read that diet will do her more good. Plus, she's got fibro, so she'd be knocking out two birds with one stone, but she wasn't interested when it was just fibro she was dealing with, so I doubt she'll be interested now... hoping the antihistamine stacking will help her.

I read that too, NW. I don't have any Zantac on hand, and usually the 1-2 punch of anti inflammatory and benadryl will kill my allergies for the week or so they exist.
    Jenn, a rail spur is that little loop or run off that you see coming off a main railroad, usually near a factory or distribution center. The railroads use it so they can load and unload without blocking 100-400 miles of track for it.
    Canio, since my firm designed the site grading, we're involved in the spike ceremony.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Canio, since my firm designed the site grading, we're involved in the spike ceremony.
    Sounds great. I was just not aware the ceremonies were still being done. Brings me back (mentally) to the heyday of railroad building. I like to hear about traditions surviving. (Cool traditions not crappy ones like beating your wife and owning slaves)

I can think of two rail spurs near the steel mill in our town. Thanks for explaining it. Glad you guys were invited. It will be neat to see what they do to commemorate.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Golden spike ceremony: Speech, Speech, Speech, Speech, Speech, pictures, here chow down on country fried steak, mashed potatoes, salad, bread, cheese, and sweet stuff.
    I scraped off the breading from the steak as best I could and had potatoes and salad, with the innards of a lemon tart.
    My Primal Battle Tome