Page 127 of 283 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 2828

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 127

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I often feel the same way - want to get away from it all... but then I remember that once the vacation is over, I'll have to come back to it all, so what's the point in leaving for a while? Now... if I could go on vacation and come home to a spotless house (that someone else worked on) and all the bills paid and stressors gone for good, then I'd consider spending a ton of money on a vacation (and to me, even $300 is a ton of money).
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    For me, the ability to tell everything else in my life to fuck off for even a weekend is huge. It's not the running away from my problems that entices me. It's being able to drop them for a little while and being able to come back with a sunburn and a clear head, the better to tackle the problems.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I tried a coconut oil scalp massage/ soak last night, in the hopes that the dandruff West Texas (not West, Texas) has given me goes away. It definitely felt good. I didn't get it all out in the shower, so parts of my hair are greasy. Making the most of having hair that'll do what it's told, I created a multispiral bun. (No clue what you actually call it. You pull it all into a ponytail and section it off into chunks roughly 1/3" think. with each chunk, you twist it and then wind it around the ponytail/ preceding spiral and bobby pin it in place.)
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Multispiral bun sounds cute. One thing I miss about having longer hair is "teddy bear" buns. Basically just two small buns at the top back "points" (either side of the crown area, I guess) of your head. I think this would be beyond adorable with pink hair, but my hair has to be past shoulder length to really pull it off (get most of the hair up in the buns) and I'm not patient enough to grow my hair out for that long.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

It's finally Friday. I'm feeling pretty fried. This week has taken it out of me. I look forward to sleeping in tomorrow and not having to go in on a weekend.
    I'm also really looking forward to our ren faire weekend next week. I've needed a vacation for a while. (Yes, I'm counting Friday as a straight up vacation day to do whatever the hell we please, no schedule and whatever my schedule my parents try to set can go to hell.) I also get to meet my sister's new boyfriend (I guess after a few months, it's no longer boytoy) and they're coming with us to the faire, as well as a few friends.
    Nameless, I've done the teddy bear buns before, but only for an anime inspired costume. I should do it again one of these days.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Hurray for Ren Faire! I had a sucky week as well, so I feel your pain. Get some rest.

Shit. I've been being a bit too lax on PB, it seems. The scale claims 130. Back on board I go.
    My Primal Battle Tome

I've been waffling on it for several days, but I think I'll give a Whole30 another shot. I need to walk that line carefully, because last time it threatened my mental stability, which is a delicate balance to begin with.
    My Primal Battle Tome

First meal of the Whole30: beef and spinach tamagoyaki. WTF is a tamagoyaki? A Japanese omelet, usually paper thin and folded a million times. The spinach one is different: get the spinach hot, add the meat, and the egg mixture (egg, fish sauce, and sriracha, garlic if I'd had time to chop it up) is poured over the top and then kinda scooped back into the pile when it runs every which way across the pan.
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Is today your day 1? Mine too.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)