Page 126 of 283 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 2828

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 126

Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Yep... I took my time off.
    Came back just for the peeps, and read a bit in non-argumentative threads when it's raining or late.

But not interested in any food discussion.
    The Loud Crowd will always be who they are and insist they have "the one right answer" for everyone.
    I have better things to do than care.
    What I do works for me.
    You sound cranky.

You need to amp up your metabolism with some iodine-infused sugar.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Went to an Admin Asst luncheon. The pathetic little lunch was was the saddest little meal I'd seen in a long time. It tried so hard to be a real lunch. First was half a cup of salad greens, candied walnuts, dried cranberries, with some pink goop masquerading as salad dressing on the side (excluding the two pretzel sticks I didn't eat). Next was a cup of unseasoned veggies boiled until inedible, a half cup of undercooked wild rice, and a sad little 2 egg crepe with a couple pinches chicken andsome sort of nutmeg cream sauce. The only seasoning anywhere was that nutmeg.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Makes me sad thinking about it. Here I sit, on the couch, eating raw shavings local beef and a sweet onion and tomato salad and watching antique cartoons - Betty Boop era stuff.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Jambalaya for dinner made up for it. Not in the least for the shittastic day, but at least for the pathetic lunch.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Yep, I notice a bit of crankiness too. I suggest a month off with the person you most want to be with, in the place you most want to be in, with the food you most want to eat, the books you most want to read, and not a single shitastic day. Of course, one would have to rob a bank or something to get to do that. Do people ever do that? Not the bank part, but, I mean, get away from it all for a good period of time. Is it even possible?

Not in the working world. I get 10 days a year + holidays. Factor out the two standing "holidays" we take a year (a day extra for thanksgiving travel and a day in the spring for the ren faire), and that leaves me with a week and a half. I can tell you right now that my employer would laugh in my face if I asked for it all at the same time. I can't think of the last time I had a true holiday. No, unemployment wasn't a holiday. Actually, last true vacation I had was winter break my junior year or college, 5.5 years ago. We didn't go on a honeymoon, so my wedding doesn't count.
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Hulky and I go on weekend trips to Maine to see my grandma periodically. I count those as mini-vacations. I think it's important to schedule a day off here and there so you don't have to resort to mental health days. Maybe it's just a night in town/the city and out to dinner at a nice place.

We took a week off over his Spring break last year in the Spring and went down to DC. We stayed at a hostel so it was pretty affordable.

Do your vacation days add up or do you only get 10 days per year to work with?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    My last vacation was almost 8 years ago - our honeymoon. My son's homework assignment for this week is to draw a picture/attach a picture and write 2 sentences about a recent family vacation... I thought about having him write "Our family hasn't been on a vacation. There is nothing to write about" and draw a pic of him with a frowny face... not all families have the ability to go on vacation! Let's have all the kids talk about theirs so my kid can feel like he's missing out... Ugh.

Instead, I'll have him talk about his "summer" vacation and how he got to watch his dad race. lol Someday we'll do a real vacation - already planning a Disney cruise for at least a year from now.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

If you count ren faire trips, I get one every year.
    But an honest to god "go somewhere else and do NOTHING but veg" vacation? I don't know that I've had one of those since I was a kid.
    They add up to a set max, and half of them are use it or lose it each year. I may try and set up a true vacation in New Mexico this summer. Or maybe really splurge and drive to Colorado or something. (Sorry, Yankees, we don't fly and I don't have the vacation for a road trip to the northeast.)
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I haven't had an actual vacation in 23 years. I'd love to take a vacation and just get away from it all. Financially, it just isn't going to happen. I understand your crankiness and feel your pain.
    Georgette