Page 123 of 283 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 2828

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 123

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Still not feeling my best, but I've gotta do damage control from a conference call I missed yesterday and try to play catch up.
    Co- washing is using conditioner only in the hair. It's my next baby step to no- pooing.
    You're welcome with the help! I did what I could, but I know very little about HDMI and such.
    Glad you cleared that no-poo issue... it's not what I thought at first, I no poo... I very cranky man!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Yesterday's fud: Lunch was a fish fillet, and 1/4 c ea of refried beans, Mexican rice, and home fried potatoes. Dinner was Phillies over veggies.
    Notes: My hair seems to love the co-washing. It's fluffier, doesn't lie as flat, and my dandruff has decreased dramatically. Will continue that until it fails.
    Back at work this morning. Really hating the clients with no sense of timing.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

This week's dinner plans: spag, chili verde, chicken tarmatar curry, steak, leftovers.
    The co washing definitely seems to keep my hair happier.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

We'll call hauling crushed marble my workout today. 0.4 cf (approx 40 lb, give or take) x3 hauled to the buggy, pushed around the store while trying not to flatten uncontrolled podlings, removed from buggy to trunk, and removed from trunk to garage. Call it carrying 40- 45 lbs 175 feet, plus whatever you'd qualify pushing the cart as. That and trying to pick out and keep cacti upright, which I don't count as much of anything because they were the tiny little cacti (about the size of a seeding container.) Monday or Tuesday I set them out, plant and water them, and then lay out the rock around them. Nearly 20 cacti, crushed rock, and a strong smelling plant (smells like a pungent mix of garlic and skunk) should keep that cat out of my quarter round. The quarter round won't look half bad either.
    My Primal Battle Tome

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    That's an amazing workout to deflect a cat. The cat will probably love it. (Just teasing.) Do we get a picture?

When I get it done, I'll post a photo of it.
    Not looking forward to tomorrow. Lunch will be a joke complete with a thorough ass reaming of every person in that room. Office politics has come into a clearer light and now it's matter of figuring out how to butter up the important folks without compromising my own ethics.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Workout this morning (kept to one set so I don't injure myself at the outset):
    10x10 lb dumbbell lunges per leg
    10x10 lb dumb bell bench press
    1x 10 s flexed pull up hang (all of 5* from dead hang)
    10x 10 lb dumbbell clean and press
    10x BW bench dips (kinda, I used the spotter bar on the side of the cage)
    1x 60s knee plank (in 3 bursts because I was dumb enough to do it at the end)
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I've co-washed since 2000. I don't think I could ever stop doing that. Not with my curls. I've tried going no poo before and it just didn't feel right for me.
    Georgette

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Random tidbit: Hulky and I were chatting about what's involved in us moving someday (hopefully within the next few years). Looking at job openings within my company, I see a position available that I could potentially get promoted to (it's really the next step after my current job, but I should get my tech certifications first) in Irving & Dallas. Not close to you, really, but same state . Hulky said he would not mind living in TX. I've only visited once, when I was about 5, and I guess it was during a heat wave. All I remember is a plethora of inch worms everywhere and a sunny pool in a courtyard. If a position is available when we're ready to move, it's very possible I could end up in TX! This company has a number of offices around the country, though I don't know how willing they'd be to move someone who is married (a single guy was recently relocated here from Santa Barbara).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

MDA, meet my new quarter round! If you want a before shot, just imagine it with bare sand. The leafy one is society garlic, AKA "Holy shit, that stinks!" The one in a pot is aloe vera, as I'll hafta take it in come winter. It's brethren will survive, or should survive the winter, but aloe doesn't tolerate cold as well.
    Tasha, that's awesome! Even better is that we'd be able to hang out on my twice yearly trips to Dallas! Granted, if you don't tolerate heat well, TX may not be your friend. A summertime LOW is around 75 or 80, with highs around 100-110. If you like water, DFW has a lot of lakes. No ocean (the Gulf is an 8 hr drive away,) but plenty of water. If you visited in 1990, there's a reason the natives refer to the heat wave of 1990 (and 98 and 2002 and 95, as well as Dallas folk referring to the snows of 85, 90, 96, 2006, and 2012.) Beware if you do move here, Texas has 4 seasons: winter, summer, high summer, and "it's too fucking hot to move." Well, there are the two weeks each of spring and fall. Usually.
    My Primal Battle Tome