Page 122 of 249 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 2488

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 122

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quick poll: I'm feeling sick to my stomach, but nothing has made an exit yet. I feel feverish, but have no way to confirm whether I have one or not. I can still concentrate, but only in short bursts and I'm not getting much done. Should I try to tough it out or go home?
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Do you get paid sick leave? Do you think you'll go to work tomorrow given how you feel right now? If not, I'd tough it out.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Time spent away from work is time well spent.....

I ended up going home and stopping for immediate threat of vomit once along the way (it stayed down.) I do get paid SL, and I rarely use it. I'll likely hafta work this Saturday anyways because of a deadline and inept drafters. I passed out as soon as I got home. Slept (with the exception of work checking up on me via phone once) until about half an hour ago. Still out of it.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Hey, Naiad, just thought I'd get on after a four months hiatus (see my journal if interested) to tell you to go home and recuperate. I can't believe those bosses haven't noticed how lucky they are to have you yet. I have a lot of reading journals to catch up on, I guess.

Different company. My previous (nonengineering) gig fired me. I rather like this employer, and they do tend to appreciate me.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Back at work, early even.
    Trying a new thing with my hair, hoping to get rid of my dandruff. We'll see how co-washing and my fine, thick, semi long hair get along.
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    What is co-washing? Glad you're feeling better. Thanks for the help last night with the computer issues!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    co-washing = conditioner?

I forgot, was going to update on my no-poo trials today. Will go do that in my journal.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Still not feeling my best, but I've gotta do damage control from a conference call I missed yesterday and try to play catch up.
    Co- washing is using conditioner only in the hair. It's my next baby step to no- pooing.
    You're welcome with the help! I did what I could, but I know very little about HDMI and such.
    My Primal Battle Tome