Page 121 of 272 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 2711

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 121

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    There was an adrenal supplement the doc put me on, as well as some pointers I picked up for adrenal fatigue, if you want me to post it.
    Tired. Maybe I'll sleep tonight. After I kill shit online for stress relief. I'm not sure who I despise more right now: indecisive clients or inept coworkers.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

So freaking tired. I got roughly 6 hours of sleep and could easily have tripled that. Feel like I'm getting sick again. I'm awake and functional, but sleep beckons.
    Lunch yesterday was a prime rib and some fried okra, resulting in a migraine because the restaurant changed their oil but not their menu. Dinner was jambalaya.
    Dog tried to dig up a pair of sprinklers again, so she's under disciplinary tethering.
    Talked to Dad Monday like a sane, functional human being. Middle Sister is being paroled to a equine assisted physical rehab place out in BFE East Texas (and all of East Texas is BFE.) Terms of her parole involve remaining in that county.
    I'm not sure what to do about Mom. She can be good people, if the mood strikes her, and I know she misses regular contact with me. This is also the woman who fucked me up 6 ways from Sunday and I get stressed even thinking about how to respond ot a text.
    I need more sleep.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    There was an adrenal supplement the doc put me on, as well as some pointers I picked up for adrenal fatigue, if you want me to post it.
    Tired. Maybe I'll sleep tonight. After I kill shit online for stress relief. I'm not sure who I despise more right now: indecisive clients or inept coworkers.
    I would love for you to send me a message about the supps and tips if you don't want to post it here.

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Middle Sister is being paroled to a equine assisted physical rehab place out in BFE East Texas (and all of East Texas is BFE.) Terms of her parole involve remaining in that county.
    Remind us again what her crime was? Equine? As in a horse ranch??? Da fuk???
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I'll type out the AF stuff tonight.
    She was convicted of "conspiracy to commit murder," one of the most bogus crimes out there. Unless you actually do it, you shouldn't be able to be convicted of it. She's big on animals and wanted to go for her vet or marine biology degree at one point. Equine assisted phys therapy is great for both her and the patients. (It's that therapy where they use horses and horseback riding to help the physically disabled heal and the mentally disabled come to a happy place or be more expressive.) From what I can figure, she helps take care of the horses and the grounds, as well as helps out the the therapies (maybe, I think?) She lvoes it, so maybe it'll lead to a job for her when she gets out.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Tips for Adrenal Fatigue
    1) Don't go VLC. Stay at moderate carbs.
    2) Eat carbs, fat, and meat at every meal, even if only a little.
    3)Eat 4 meals, or 3 meals and a snack, a day. No IFing. Breakfast within an hour of waking, or at least before 10 AM. Lunch early, if you can, around 1130 or 11. Dinner around 6, or as soon as feasible. Snack around 230 or 3.
    4) Bed before 11, because around 11 cortisol rises and wakes you back up.
    5) Sleep as late as possible, preferably after 10 every day (I laughed too.)
    6) The aforementioned supplement, or something similar. (Not much luck with the Natural Sources Adrenal.)
    7) Minimize stress as much as possible (I laughed, too.)
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    While I don't have adrenal fatigue, all of those things helped me when my cortisol levels were messed up (low in morning, high in evening, reverse of what it should be). ESPECIALLY the bedtime one. Sleeping in late doesn't work for me because of work schedule & I am actually not tired enough to sleep that long, but I think the idea is more to allow adequate time for your body/system to rest & recover. Going to bed earlier might help with that too.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Thanks, Boss. Thanks a whole hell of a lot. Make me sick with the same thing you have and then take the day off sick so it makes it nearly impossible for me to go home.
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Brad has always referred to me as a second shifter. I find my stride around mid-day where I can accomplish ANYTHING I want, and this goes into the night. I might begin to feel tired about 10:30, but I bring myself to get out of bed any earlier than necessary most days. I have my alarm set for 6, but snooze til 6:30. Even on the weekends, I can keep myself in bed, and go back to sleep easily, no matter how many times I'm awakened. I remember this being the case even in high school and in my younger teen years. Mom would yell up the stairs for us to get up and I'd keep on snoozing until she'd all but drag me out of bed. There again, all those years, I would be up later in the night - til like 10 or 1030 most nights. I can't imagine my adrenals were jacked up way back then... could they?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Some people are naturally that way. I know I fucked mine up in college (the straw that broke the camel's back was mono.)
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Cortisol trends could last years. I had the same awful sleeping problems for all of my teen years, up until the past couple of years. As a kid, I always had trouble falling asleep.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).