Page 119 of 249 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 2488

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 119

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Had barbecue for dinner.
    I want to know whose fucking brilliant idea the "exposed zipper" was. It's not rocker chic. It's not cool. It's tacky and cheap looking and I hate it. I'll see an awesome shirt or dress, turn it around, and see that damn hideous zipper.
    Just reminded me of an ER article I recently read about the hazards men face with zips on their trousers, and how more ER docs need to know how to extricate a male from the teeth of his pants closure. The article also suggested that it would help if guys wore more underwear with such pants... Just fwiw.

Glad you are feeling better!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Just reminded me of an ER article I recently read about the hazards men face with zips on their trousers, and how more ER docs need to know how to extricate a male from the teeth of his pants closure. The article also suggested that it would help if guys wore more underwear with such pants... Just fwiw.

Glad you are feeling better!
    Speaking from the male perspective.... button fly pants solve that problem....

It was on of the things I liked about the Navy Dress Blue jumper... the "Cracker Jack" uniform. The pants were a button up flap in the front... The pants had a nickname too.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Huh. My ab has come back, even after an evening meal of junk. I also have energy nearly immediately upon waking with an alarm. I know Geek mentioned yesterday, after dinner, that my belly seemed smaller.
    I have never seen how jeans or pants could be comfortable without underwear for a male. Chafing, jumbling, the risk of a zipper... don't that hurt? Hell, I never go commando because of comfort, and I have fewer external parts.
    I may go to the other mall today after hanging with the girls (Boss and AA and I have become fairly quick friends, to the point we're willing to hang out outside of the office.) Depends on whether the few stores I can shop at are having a sale. Speaking of stores I can shop at, I've noticed the local Penney's has XS and 2s in certain brands. YAYYYY!!!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    What on earth did he put you on?
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    What on earth did he put you on?
    Ditto, but glad it's working!

I'm tempted to boost my Iodine dose just to see what it does. This is the one I'm taking, with 1.83 mg per drop. I'm sure I don't need the thyroid help, but I'm still tempted :-p.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

This is the thyroid thing he put me on. It's not actually a relative of Armour, but it is an herby blend that helps the thyroid do what it should do. Ashwaganda, Bacopa, and bladderwrack (including 1200 mg iodine daily.) This is the adrenal support/ back up blend he has me taking so that the adrenals can do their job and back up the thyroid. It may be hogwash placebo, but it's a hogwash placebo that has my body fooled. (I don't really think it's a placebo, though, given what ashwaganda and bladderwrack are known to do for the thyroid.)
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Bladderwrack makes my hands warm up. Don't think it's hogwash...
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Yeah, I agree. This is the first time since my thyroid went wonky that my feet haven't been cold (excluding being outside in high summer.) You know me. I'm ALWAYS cold, unless it's over 80*F. And my feet are cold unless it's over 85*F. I'm the person that wears a short sleeve sweater in the summer to the office. I've been breaking out my sundresses already! Hell, I slept half the night with the sheets down around my hips (a far cry from burrowing into them with only enough of a crack for fresh air.)
    My Primal Battle Tome

Work wants me to start working overtime so we can crunch these projects out the door. Seems people neglected to look at the group calendar when setting up due dates and now April's slammed. Because of having to work late, I'm going to really start hammering the preplanned dinner idea, down to actually nailing down what we're having day to day. (It's usually 4 dinners planned and we pick one each day, with one reserved for leftovers or going out.)
    Lunch: Tuna/ chicken salad (made with yogurt in place of mayo), raw veggies, sausage, fruit
    Monday: Crock pot chicken and 40 cloves, red potatoes, salad (Mondays are always hell, so we go as easy as possible.)
    Tuesday: jambalaya, to use up the rest of the chicken
    Wednesday: Phillies/ Phillied veggies
    Thursday: spag or leftovers
    Friday: spag or leftovers

I can definitely say that these supps are working. I haven't been cold at all this weekend, not even my feet! That, more energy than a New Age love fest, and a mental clarity I haven't seen in quite a while, with no pain or mental issues. This is while only eating half heartedly primal, so I should be a sobbing, painful mess by now.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Yesterday was even less primal than my average Sunday. I did learn that noodles aren't tasty to me anymore, though.
    Breakfast is mug sausage quiche. Slept shiity last night, but still fully functional. I can get used to this.
    My Primal Battle Tome