Page 117 of 249 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 2488

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 117

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Work was busy, but controllable today. Ended up working until 1830 because of a submittal that needed to go out. Got answers from the city, had another thing cleared up nicely. Discovered that GABA seems to be a great anti-stress, anti- anxiety tool, so long as it's not a true panic attack. Had a shrinp relleno for lunch and chile verde for dinner, both primal but not paleo. Still waffling on going full bore paleo or not. I love cheese and it's convenience.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Today is apparently "Marriage Equality Day," and you're supposed to wear red (What red has to do with marriage equality, I'll never know.)
    Got just 7.5 hrs of sleep last night, feeling good this morning.
    I haven't said anything, but I've gone back to not force feeding myself breakfast. If I don't want it, I'm not eating it. I'm just not a morning person.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    You could always do a 3-week no-cheese trial and see how you feel?

Thanks, Facebook. Didn't know about Marriage Equality Day until I saw your post haha. I'm wearing gray . [edit] didn't mean to make that sound like IDGAF about marriage equality, 'cause I do! I would've worn pink if I'd known (I don't own any red clothes).
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 03-26-2013 at 06:57 AM.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Siobhan is online now Senior Member
    Marriage Equality Day? What a strange new world we live in...
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

I caught it in the early morning fb check. I'm wearing a red button up and the plaid trousers with reddish orange in the pattern.
    My Primal Battle Tome

I miss your fashion blog .

Even if it's purely a placebo effect, I like what the GABA does for me. It doesn't so much dampen what worries me or bothers me as somehow allow me to step outside the emotion and see if it's worth getting worked up over and pick a solution if it is worth my effort. I dunno. It's kinda like it gives me that third party perspective where you can see from an outsider's view and wonder what they're getting all in a tussle about.
    My Primal Battle Tome

I think my life has calmed down enough that I could probably reboot it. I've lost a lot of visitors, I'll wager, but I enjoyed doing it.
    My Primal Battle Tome

I'm kinda letting my blog fester right now, just don't have the focus for it and I don't want to force it.

GABA has too much of a soporific effect on me, but is good for really high-anxiety periods (like bursting into tears from anxiety). Amino acids are pretty friggin' cool.

PrimalCon New York
    Soporific, what an outstanding word.

Sleep is a strange commodity to me right now. I'm fighting something (no fever, no snots, no shits, but achy, tired as hell). I take a nap, get plenty of sleep, and could wake up and go right back to bed.

Mrs. FW and I had an interesting discussion on marriage equality last night as we cleaned up the kitchen. Her best friend, BTW, came out, got married in Vermont, and we have a few other longtime SS couples as friends, but she is conflicted due to her strong RC beliefs. My take was, let everyone have the right to get married; that does not necessarily mean every organization is forced to marry them. E.g., a rabbi isn't going to marry an atheist and a Christian, and a RC priest isn't going to marry two agnostics, so there's no obligation for churches to marry people if it conflicts with their theology. Let SS couples go to the JoP or an Episcopalean church, everyone's happy.

I cannot give up cheese. Def. a fromagophile.