Page 114 of 283 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 2828

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 114

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Congrats!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    That was hurdle one, probably the biggest one aside from the exam itself. The SER is the supplemental employment record, or proof to the board that I have enough of the right kind of experience to be a Professional Engineer. Once they accept that as proof enough,I'm eligible to sit another 8 hr exam. When I pass that, I get my stamp and can legally work as a professional engineer and can write P.E.. after my name.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Those little letters always make such a huge difference, don't they? Will they give you opportunity to move up in the engineering world or are you stuck due to lack of open positions?

I know!! Celebrate by hosing down the dog!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

In terms of becoming a PE, it actually opens a lot of doors for me, as well as garnering a significant pay boost at my current company. If I apply for reciprocity in New Mexico, then that opens even more doors.
    I farking love my naturalist/ chiro. He's awesome. He saw my bloodwork and immediately saw that everything ties back to my thyroid, as I knew. He's testing for iodine deficiency and having me check my basal temperature. Says that he thinks I could probably go off the levothyroxine and onto Naturethroid at 1 grain, but he's checking to make sure that's actually the cause, and that it's not my adrenal glands fucking with the thyroid or a mineral deficiency. AND, since he did an adjustment on me and didn't hafta run stuff through the computer, insurance paid, not me.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Other than the douchebag neighbor, sounds like a good week.
    Georgette

We're going to plant marigolds and chilis on that side of the house. Animals don't like the scent of either of those, so it may keep them from barking at the gate.
    I paid off my last personal loan today. I should be able to have the car paid off by late July, if not earlier, meaning I'd pay it off a full year earlier than the loan maturity date. At that point, I would need to decide between funneling it into an IRA, paying off the house, or paying off the student loans. I actually want to make that decision relatively soon.
    My Primal Battle Tome

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    We're going to plant marigolds and chilis on that side of the house. Animals don't like the scent of either of those, so it may keep them from barking at the gate.
    I paid off my last personal loan today. I should be able to have the car paid off by late July, if not earlier, meaning I'd pay it off a full year earlier than the loan maturity date. At that point, I would need to decide between funneling it into an IRA, paying off the house, or paying off the student loans. I actually want to make that decision relatively soon.
    ^5 on paying off personal debt!

Thanks, doc. I decided to go with socking back to pay off the house, as the house has a higher interest rate and significantly more owed. Also socking back to pay off these things, as opposed to paying extra each month, means I have a slush fund if things go south.
    I feel like shit. I slept for shit. I wanna crawl on to the futon and pass the hell out. My bowels are acting strange (side effect of sleeplessness) and I can't really think. I know I need to go in. My boss is out and she directed one of our major clients to call me with any questions on his projects. He WILL call. Granted, I'd also be twiddling my thumbs for part of the day, as most of my projects are in drafting/ waiting for signatures or TCEQ.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Well, small blessings. Even with shitty sleep this week (meaning it's higher than my "true" weight), I'm back down to 126 after a hormone week from hell.
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Good thinking with the savings. Hulky and I are trying to decide how to tackle my loans. After we get through his (car & medical, so fairly minimal), he wants to start tackling my student loans as a joint venture. Seems odd to me, since it's such a personal debt, but it will get us to larger savings & moving on/out/away much faster, so that is good! Interest rates are confusing to me. I thought none of mine would change, but then I saw one at 6.8% and I'm pretty sure it used to be 6.5%. At least that's the smallest balance one and the others have definitely not changed. I'll knock that sucker out first!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.