Page 110 of 283 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 2828

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 110

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Wow. Screw the damn neti pot, with it's boiling and cooling and such. I love my little aerosol nasal saline mist thingy, now that I have tried it. That shit's awesome!
    My afternoon snack was a cheddar pastrami roll up, half a nectarine, blueberries, and some red bell slices.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I came to the same conclusion - now I just snort up some sterile saline. Not very elegant but it gets the job done.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Spraying saline spray never seemed to work for me. Maybe I did it wrong. I boil the water I need the night before and then nuke a bowl of water for 60 sec in the morning. It's cooled to the right temp within a few minutes, usually.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I use the little bullets that we have at work. (Hanging head in shame) I put them in my bra for a few minutes, then they are the perfect temp. Before I used a neti pot, I used to just make some salt water, stick my nose in it and inhale. So the neti pot was a step up. However, I really believe in this type of cleaning so anything that works, just do it.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

That's kinda my thought on it, Siobhan. I've been needing to clear my sinuses more often than I do, and if the saline spray dingus does it, so be it.
    I slept for a grand total of 5 hrs, thanks to Geek wanting to talk in bed, having to run to Lowe's after dinner, and video games (I restricted myself to only 1.5 hrs, though.)
    Dinner last night was a ribeye, half a sweet potato, and caesar salad. I asked for the potato with only butter, and got it with butter and cinnamon sugar (grr.) I scraped off most of it, though, ended up with less than 1/4 tsp total of the mixture and ate maybe half of that. I'm sure there was at least some sugar in the dressing, but I didn't taste it.
    Have a meeting with a client today. Normally not such a bad thing, were it not for the fact of the bitch at TCEQ deciding for no particular reason that she doesn't like the client's site and therefore will block him from a water well with all her miniscule power.
    I also have a hydraulic analysis for a change in channel design I need to do. Given that the total depth varies over the length of the channel (it gets deeper as it goes along), that'll be some interesting math. Maybe I can get one of the COE programs to model it for me and send that over. Actually, that might be my best bet.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Happy pi day! To celebrate, as I am sadly lacking in pi jewelry, I'm wearing my DNA set. Why a vertical double helix for a circle? Because a vertical helix is a form of spiral, one where a circle is drawing with a descending or ascending z (vertical) axis.
    Breakfast was more mug quiche.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Today went quickly. I discovered a background noise that really helps me concentrate, so I got a lot done today. Not much movement during work though. I did get some slow movement in, though, when I raked some of the yard (to remove dog shit and prep for watering.) Lunch was catfish and shrimp. I had to scrape some sort of sugary sauce off the shrimp, but at least it wasn't deep fried. Dinner was venison bacon swiss burgers and buttered steamed asparagus.
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Spraying saline spray never seemed to work for me. Maybe I did it wrong. I boil the water I need the night before and then nuke a bowl of water for 60 sec in the morning. It's cooled to the right temp within a few minutes, usually.
    I'm in the same boat. I tried the saline spray and I'm worse off. The neti pot is my friend for life.
    Georgette

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Happy pi day! To celebrate, as I am sadly lacking in pi jewelry, I'm wearing my DNA set. Why a vertical double helix for a circle? Because a vertical helix is a form of spiral, one where a circle is drawing with a descending or ascending z (vertical) axis.
    Breakfast was more mug quiche.
    Happy pi day! Made me think of a DVD I once watched of Sir Andrew Wiles, the guy who took hundreds of pages of text, but finally cracked Fermat's Last Theorem.

I am not a numbers kind of gal, but I took enough math to appreciate this some. Just wish Fermat were around so we could see his version of it.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am most irritated by the scale. I'm hoping it's because the Russians are coming into town in a few days that my weight has steadily climbed for the past week, putting me at a jolly 128- 130 lb. We'll find out. I'm most irritated because I've been being really fucking good (foodwise) and the scale has gone the wrong damn direction.
    My Primal Battle Tome