Page 11 of 283 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 11

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    It was one of the first one's I heard as a student. The very first related joke I heard was "What do you call a Texas Tech engineering student 5 years after graduation? Boss."
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

This is infuriating. I can't seem to stay truly primal long enough for my various symptoms to go away. I'll do great for a couple days then something completely SAD will rear it's head. Usually, it's not even something I want, just something that disappears down the chowhole with the meal when I'm ill or overly hungry. Means I need to practice mindful food. May also mean that I have developed a less than ideal relationship with food, one more fucked up than it was. Mindful food. I can't just chuck out all the nonprimal food or tell them not to bring the bread basket, so mindful food.
    I did better this week when I was eating 3 meals a day. No unprimal snacking. I may ride with that. Keep up with the fruit breakfast, primal lunch, and primal dinner. I'll crop out rice again after the jambalaya is gone, replace it with fruit and squash.
    I'm baching it again this week. Means food's easier, but my mood won't be as good. Gives me time to shop and wrap stuff for him.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I hear you. My biggest problem is that screwed up relationship with food. And I have always been an opportunistic eater.

I know part of it is the way I grew up. Most of the time, you got what you wanted to eat the first go round, because there was rarely anything left over to go back for seconds. I also tend to clean my plate, because my family was big on "take what you want, eat what you take." We waited for each other like pigs at the trough.
    I wouldn't say we were poor (we usually got enough to eat, we always had clothes, we had a roof over our heads), but money and stretching that dollar until it screamed were big in our house. Hamburger Helper night meant adding extra noodles so that we could all eat. Spaghetti night was also a little lax on the protein and big on the noodles.
    There's also some emotional trauma attached to food. Mom would always make sure we kids ate first. There were a couple times Mom didn't eat because there was nothing left (Dad would generally give her half of his.) I'd try to to give Mom some of mine when I realized that happened, but she never accepted it. There were times dinner was leftovers or cereal, because money was too tight to make something. (If you've ever wondered why I stockpile food, it's because of that.) We never starved (unless we decided not to eat what was set out for dinner), but all 3 of us were well aware that food costs money.
    I don't want pity. That's just how it was. We weren't poor. We weren't on food stamps or welfare, we had a roof over our heads and could afford Christmas and birthdays.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member
    My mom's dad worked for Kraft Foods way back when...... according to her, they had many nights of ketchup sandwiches, and tomato "soup", which was just ketchup in hot water, and crackers on the side. On good nights they had cheese that they got from Kraft at a discount.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

Our dinners were never quite that bad, Papa, which is why I insist that we were never poor. I'm also reasonably certain the nights mom didn't eat were for blackmail purposes, because we always had cereal, and ramen.
    My Primal Battle Tome

In other, holiday, news:
    I found another Christmas twig! We've had one since college (it was Geek's sole Christmas decoration back then) and I've been hunting for a mate since then. We now have two Christmas twigs: one snowy and one desert.
    I also got Christmasy stuff for the office, including a tree that doesn't have dandruff.
    Robbed the Halloween clearance and found Niece a stocking stuffer.
    Went to Goodwill and found Pat a pair of jeans that I could make "air conditioned" (more rips and holes than complete fabric.) She has apparently been on the hunt for a pair and not even found them at Grab'erbootie and Pinch or Whorrister.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Christmas Twig?

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    One of my problems with food is that when I am out (at a friend's, party, or restaurant) I feel like I deserve to 'treat myself'. And usually the available 'treats' are NOT primal. Today I had ice cream. An aggravating aspect is that if I exert my willpower and don't have a treat, my mind seems to keep a tally, and pesters me until I eat one. One treat per event(minimum), that's just what brain seems to require.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    A 6-8in version of this, with a base.

They're meant for the traditional Christmas scene set up, but we use it solo. I need a few dozen more so I can hide them in little areas throughout the house.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Page 11 of 283 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast