Page 100 of 283 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 2822

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 100

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    $85!!! It's $220 for my car, $150 for Brad's car, and $165 for his truck!!
    Damn, I guess I won't leave Ohio anytime soon EVER. $85 is my guestimate. The last time I renewed the DL it was $25 or $26 and I believe it's $59 for the sticker. And we complain about paying for a sticker that is $59.

@Naiad, is "Fogging Molly" a take on "Flogging Molly"? That's one of my fave bands.
    Georgette

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Yes, she's a play on Flogging Molly. She fogs at the slightest thought of humidity. I love the band. "Rebels of the Sacred Heart" and "Drunken Lullabies" are some of my dance like a fool music.
    Texas isn't bad. $65 to register Molly (2010 Toyota Corolla) yearly, $20 yearly inspection (including sticker), and license renewal every 5 years for $24.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Avoid AZ like the plague then. It is something like $75 to register my 2001 Corolla. A new truck (F250 or the like) is somewhere in the neighborhood of $500+ I saw an Escalade once where the registration was like $650. It is nuts.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Yes, she's a play on Flogging Molly. She fogs at the slightest thought of humidity. I love the band. "Rebels of the Sacred Heart" and "Drunken Lullabies" are some of my dance like a fool music.
    Texas isn't bad. $65 to register Molly (2010 Toyota Corolla) yearly, $20 yearly inspection (including sticker), and license renewal every 5 years for $24.
    Ok, TX is fairly movable then. AZ could be out, but then again, we don't buy new vehicles ever.

I love Flogging Molly. They're from Columbus, OH. There's a station that I listen to here and they had this awesome DJ who passed away from a drowning accident a few years back. Anyway, on Fridays, he did this thing in the 5pm hour called "takin' calls" and he would have local artists in there to play music and stuff and it was just hilarious. At least once or twice a month, someone from Flogging Molly would be in. The big thing at the end was "The Beer Song". This just brought back a flood of memories. I miss that.
    Georgette

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    MA is registration every 2 years, less than $50 I think, inspection every year for $29. I don't remember how much license renewal is, only had to do that once so far

I wonder if I'll ever have a flattering license picture. My first was me and my baby mohawk. I was grumpy when they took it and it's very obvious. The second was within the last couple of years and my face looks really flat & wide and I look pissed, again.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I wonder if I'll ever have a flattering license picture.
    Not possible.... They have a built in "Criminal" lens in the camera....

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    My passport photo is adorable though! It's a perfect capture of me in the midst of an angsty emo-punk phase as a 17-yr-old.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    My passport photo is adorable though! It's a perfect capture of me in the midst of an angsty emo-punk phase as a 17-yr-old.
    I will bet your passport pic WASNT taken at DMV.....

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I finally have an official photo id where I don't look like I want to shank the photographer. I still look irritated, but no longer murderous.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

In my DL photo from 2005, I looked like Garth from Wayne's World. That was when I weighed 276.

I've done what most women have done on their DL when they are bigger, I put my weight as 150 pounds. I'm just going to keep it that way for now.
    Georgette