Thread: Problems with binging! page

soniah is offline Junior Member

Post Problems with binging!

Shop Now
    I have to say i am very new to primal. I've just had a baby 8 weeks ago and before her I was on a slow-carb diet. I wasn't great on the diet but i could stop myself from having sugary, high-carb foods but then I fell pregnant and I found my way back to carby foods with the occasional binge on sugary foods. Now post-pregnancy I'm finding it very difficult not to binge, especially with cutting out these foods- although I don't binge every day, i find myself doing it every week- almost as a reward. I feel so much happier not eating crap and rubbish foods and yet when I start I can't stop and I don't know why- it makes me feel really low and I just don't want to keep falling off the wagon like that- i can't help but beat myself up but I feel like i lose a little bit of resolve each time I do it. Has anybody else had this problem? What can I do to help myself- are there any paleo desserts? I also think I might try making almond bread- any thoughts on it? My main issue is binging- l i need some sort of boost right now

Ellie_Miller is offline Junior Member
    Have you seen this thread yet?
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread71212.html

There's some good discussion going on there.

Hedonist2 is online now Senior Member
    Hi. Welcome!

Binging once in a while is no big deal. In fact, you might search the forum on carb refeeds.

Yes, there are many delicious primal desserts. Here's one of mine - Chocolate coconut avocado mousse.

When you feel like binging, try to stick to healthy foods like primal desserts, white rice and potatoes. But if you don't, no worries. Just go back to primal. Remember, you only have to do 80% not 100.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist2 View Post
    Yes, there are many delicious primal desserts. Here's one of mine - Chocolate coconut avocado mousse.
    Mm, that looks good!

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    I think its important to face head on the reason(s) WHY you binge and then torture yourself about it. Everyone has different triggers.

I binge far less often and less dramatically than I used to, but I still overindulge from time to time. I just don't beat myself up over it, and I make the choice to eat primally at the next opportunity. It gets easier to get back on track the longer I've been primal. You can start over anytime.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes