What do you think about doing HIIT on an empty stomach? I googled it and ended up with so many different opinions, some say you'll lose muscle? I don't want to do that, I want to lose body fat and maintain my strength and lean mass.

Today was the first time I tried it, I was on the elliptical. I had already pushed a stroller and 40lb child on a power walk to an appointment first thing in the morning, after coffee and 1 hard boiled egg. I probably walked 30 minutes before getting to the gym. By the time I began, the egg was 2 hours prior.

I had INSANE energy ;p I warmed up and then was doing 45 and 60 sec full out as hard as I could go, and then would rest for anywhere between 30 and 120 seconds. I know this isn't like a 'technically correct' way, but it was my first time trying it, and I kept that up for 20 minutes and felt like I could go longer, but it was time to go pick up my lil' one. And it felt so good

Anyway, I'm going to try again later this week. I think 2x week is probably sufficient, given the other stressors in my life right now. But like I said, I don't want to lose muscle or anything.

I'm eating high fat, low carb and it's been 2 weeks. I think the suppressed appetite kicked in today for the first time in full effect. My mood is way more balanced and steady and positive as well. Hence the sudden drive to exercise. I'm starting to feel like I might be fat adapting