Thread: Primal Workout - When? page

TheSeeker is offline Junior Member

Primal Workout - When?

Shop Now
    Hello all - newbie here (and P90X and Insanity grad).

I think I saw that there is a soon-to-be Primal Workout. Any ETA?

I am recovering after Insanity and have begun PB-style eating the past few weeks - and am ready for the next set of challenges.

Thanks for any information.

Tom

coach81 is offline Senior Member
    *wave* same.. here P90X & Insanity survivor!!!

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member
    How did both of you feel after each program? Just doing some empirical research for a couple of friends...

Burnt out? Pain? Injuries? Or awesome and ready to go?

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

TheSeeker is offline Junior Member
    Just my experiences:

P90X - lots of resistance (pull-ups, push-ups) and some cardio/yoga/plyo. For me, this built *a lot* of muscle; and I was sore pretty much all of the time. A challenging program, but really requires a high glucose/creatine recovery after each work out. This one resulted in muscle/weight gain for me. Each day for P90X is between 60-90 min. for 6 days/week. The program is 30 days of a set regimen, a recovery week, then 30 days of a slightly altered regimen, etc.

Insanity - grueling cardio and core work (suicides, squats, jumps, etc.). It really tightened up my core and made me leaner. For this one, I got smart(er) and did buy BeachBody's Recovery formula. That truly did help the recovery (I happen to have "bad knees" but was very pleased with how little pain I experienced through the program). As far as weight loss for me on this one - nada! Insanity goes for 4 wks of slightly differing workouts, then a lower-intensity recovery week, then 4 wks of "max" workouts (these are killer). Month 1 workouts go 35ish-45 min. and month 2 workouts go about 55-60 min. each.

All in all, I enjoyed each program very much, if only for the physical and mental challenge. I stumbled onto Mark's book and site based on a Facebook post from Tony Horton (of P90X fame) and so here I am. In the midst of ridding myself of carbs, etc. and looking for some kind of hybrid (non) routine.

We'll see how it works. I'm happy to provide more info on my experiences of each workout - just let me know. Thank you!

Tom

For me personally:

P90X- I had a real good transformation with it.. it was challenging, but overall I was very pleased with the results. The program is very demanding, and you have to be VERY committed and dedicated to get good results. No real pain (other than soreness), the grind did get to be tough some mornings.. and there were many times that I had to really push myself to get the workout done, so I guess you could say there was some burnout involved.

Insanity- This is one of the most intense, insane cardio/resistance workout programs ever. It was very, very, demanding and challenging. I did suffer some serious burnout toward the last few weeks of the program.

I still use some of the workouts from this program in my PB journey.

I hope this helps,

Bulltar out

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the info. I've got people wanting to do these programs, and Im just worried about adrenal fatigue with them, so just getting a lot of opinions.

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

My pleasure!