Went paleo/primal 1/1/12
    Current weight: 144 and happy
    Goal weight is 130 more or less

anna5 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalimar View Post
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/13/he...me&ref=general

?????

They say bacon is even worse.
    No replies. I think that everyone is dead. I am not fully primal, so I am still here - worrying.
    In other words, this was already discussed.

Mr. Koozie is offline Senior Member
    Maybe this will keep people from eating red meat and bacon. More for me then!!
    “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    These are the worst, the only way they'd have any credibility at all is if the people ate nothing but read meat or nothing but animals.

The reality is if they did that they'd be pretty healthy. These findings don't consider that the mortality could be linked to anything other than red meat (sugar, grains, horribly fats, etc)

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, it was discussed. It was published in March so its been done to death. As in debunked.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Red meats in combination with a CW diet full of wheat and corn will kill you. It's the combination of a poor lifestyle and food choices that kills.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    This is all correlation BS. Red meat has been demonized for 40 years in this country. Most people think red meat is unhealthy (even though it's the healthiest). Therefore, people that eat the most red meat tend to care the least about their health. People that eat the most read meat:

1.) Smoke more.
    2.) Exercise less.
    3.) Eat more takeout and less fresh fruits and vegetables.
    4.) Are more likely to be overweight.

I submit that THESE are the reasons why these people die earlier deaths. The red meat is the only thing keeping them alive (sorta like Paula Deen and butter).
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

bdilla is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    This is all correlation BS. Red meat has been demonized for 40 years in this country. Most people think red meat is unhealthy (even though it's the healthiest). Therefore, people that eat the most red meat tend to care the least about their health. People that eat the most read meat:

1.) Smoke more.
    2.) Exercise less.
    3.) Eat more takeout and less fresh fruits and vegetables.
    4.) Are more likely to be overweight.

I submit that THESE are the reasons why these people die earlier deaths. The red meat is the only thing keeping them alive (sorta like Paula Deen and butter).
    The only thing saving Paula Dean is a protective spell placed over her by Oprah Winfrey, which refreshes every time Oprah loses fifteen pounds and then gains it back the next month.
    this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves, moments before the wind

Artbuc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdilla View Post
    The only thing saving Paula Dean is a protective spell placed over her by Oprah Winfrey, which refreshes every time Oprah loses fifteen pounds and then gains it back the next month.
    Correction, O gains back 25 for every 15 she loses. Her ass looks like a dump truck while she admonishes all of on how we should eat, think and live. What a joke!

bdilla is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Artbuc View Post
    Correction, O gains back 25 for every 15 she loses. Her ass looks like a dump truck while she admonishes all of on how we should eat, think and live. What a joke!
    We worship many false idols in this media culture. Oh how I would change the world if I had the power...
    this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves, moments before the wind

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast