Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - Marissa page

Marissa2788 is offline Junior Member

Primal Journal - Marissa

Primal Fuel
    Im am just starting out going primal. So far it has been 3 days. Honestly im not sure how im going to make it through today let alone tomorrow. Physical hunger hasnt been an issue but craving have been driving me crazy. If cravings werent bad enough I'm feeling incredibly tired and just drained, like im in a fog. Its almost like i have been fasting but i have been eating plenty.

Yesterday I went to practice skating skills at the rink but that didnt go well either. My energy levels were fine at first but plummeted very quickly. Normally an open skate is 2.5 hours which i can get through fairly easily most of the time but this time i barely made it through 1.5 of it before i ran out of gas. Cant help but wonder how long this will last or if it will go away once im further along in the diet.

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Normally, the fog will lift in about 3 days. Alternatively, you can gradually reduce carbs over a couple weeks. Each approach works for some people. How low are you going on carbs? Some people need more carbs than others. I eat all the carbs I want for dinner but avoid them the rest of the time. Find what works for you.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Marissa. You have made it through another day, I hope the cravings will lessen as you adjust to this way of eating. Good luck.

I ended up really blowing it last night, lost my mind and went carb crazy :/.

To answer your question i have averaged about 120g carbs since i started which is really low compared with what i would normally eat which consisted of a LOT of grain, grain and more grain products. I am an athlete and end up getting plenty of exercise so maybe that was to low? Also I have trouble with binge eating, again mainly carbs. Its a wonder im not 300lbs, if it wasnt for all the exercise i get im sure i would be.

Anyway i am getting back on track today!
    Last edited by Marissa2788; 11-20-2012 at 06:34 AM.

Today I finally managed to get back on track. Ate more carbs then i probably should have but none were grains so there's that. After dinner i ended up near 33% fat, carbs, and protien. After a likely snack tonight itll probably bump up the fat percentage a bit.

After posting yesterday it happened again... went off track finding some source of bread to trip over. It isnt hunger that is the trouble, it been something else.. like i find myself going on autopilot to self destruct . Im not sure what it is about evening at night that is so hard to get through.

Once again i started today right with a spinach and feta cheese omelette. Not sure what i should have for lunch yet. Normally i would have a sandwich or some other bread product, but no. I need ideas for primal lunches that are semi quick.

Anyway, today will go right!

I did manage to get through yesterday! Finally i am getting started again 1 day down on to day 2. Today has went fairly well too. I spent the day baking with my mom, pies and cookies and other little treats for a family get together, something that would normally have been a trigger for me but i got through it and staid on track! I am really proud of myself for not giving in to the temptation. If i got the numbers right i am ending today at about F50%, P28%, C22%.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Good you are back on track, Marissa.

I agree lunches are the hardest meal to make primal. At first my best option was leftovers from dinner - trying to make sure there are leftovers is the trick. Maybe dish your lunch out separately at the time of dishing dinner will work.

Another option is soup, but that needs planning and cooking ahead.

A big salad topped with protein such as chicken or again leftover meat is another option, it still takes planning though because you have to make sure you have the ingredients readily available.

If you are at home you could whip up a primal pancake/waffle with egg and banana and perhaps cocoa.

Hope these ideas help, good luck and keep it up.

U2sandrah is offline Senior Member
    Hi Marissa and Annie!
    Hope you dont mind me joining you. Ive been browsing a few journals to find one that I can jump on and I liked this one!

I actually joined MDA since this year (32 y-o) i suddenly developed IBS symptoms, and after some serious food tracking ive narrowed it down to mainly wheat and oats. Maybe corn also. But im seriously trying to steer clear of any big carb sources.

Ive been hovering around the 120g carb per day mark with the often over 200g mark, therefore not much progress in any weight loss being made, so maybe its time to join a journal and see whatever struggles other girls like me go through daily.

My mission:
    Currently Im at 132lbs (60kg) with app 33% body fat (ugh) and want to be whatever weight (maybe around 120lbs=55kg) but less than 25% body fat.

Im no athlete, but enjoy doing some excercise (hopefully at least) 3 times a week. Im slowly steering away from cardio (jogging really clears my mind, but the next day im totally wiped) and doing slow cardio, so im able to hit the gym more often without the extreme tiredness.

My real horrible challenge, is that i work at an icecream factory! But i will make no excuses, now is the time to break free of cravings!!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Of course i don't mind! The more the merrier.

I too have been hovering around 100g-120g carbs on my good days and often hunger isnt one of my issues, just the cravings that can be so overwhelming at times. I'm not sure i could work in a icecream factory! I'd go mad.

Anyway, for the last two years or so i have been attempting to lose body fat, not necessarily overall weight, without much success. Ive gone up and down but some how i always end up back at about 175lbs. I am 5'8" and a lot of that weight is muscle in my legs from all the skating i do, sometimes upwards of 15 hours a week.

My mission:
    I'd prefer to to be around 155lbs but really that's just a number. What i want is to be faster,more agile, and dropping a clothes size or two would definitely be nice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast