Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Primal Journal - Marissa page 3

Marissa2788 is offline Junior Member
    My dinner was Meat loaf, green beans and a little mashed potato's ...and i have been snacking on and off all day it seems. I feel like I have eaten more then i should have but at least there were no grains involved and sugar was kept to a minimum.

Tomorrow is no doubt going to be a difficult day. My family has a get together planned. It will be our thanksgiving holiday. All those baked goods i mentioned... they will be there along with who knows what else.
    Last edited by Marissa2788; 11-24-2012 at 04:35 PM.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by U2sandrah View Post
    My mission:
    Currently Im at 132lbs (60kg) with app 33% body fat (ugh) and want to be whatever weight (maybe around 120lbs=55kg) but less than 25% body fat.

!!
    Hi! How tall are you? Just wondering
    Quote Originally Posted by Marissa2788 View Post
    I have stocked up on tons of veggies and some fruit so i have another carb source to reach for when the need hits. Im actually a big fan of veggies so that has been working quiet well the last couple days.

Anyway, I managed to get through the rest of last night ending the day on a high note. This morning i tried a recipe for primal pancakes that Annie suggested. Honestly i was skeptical at first but I found them to be quiet good!
    Great idea to major on veges, even fruit can create carb cravings for me. Especially dried fruit.
    Glad the pancake was ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Coll View Post
    I would say that grains and sugars are your first things to cut out all together - and yes you are protecting yourself The only thing that I find is that if my carb intake gets high enough I do get more cravings ... just what happens for me.

I don't know if you have looked at Elana's pantry yet, or the Food lovers kitchen.... and of course here on MDA there are loads of great recipes too. Good luck.
    Yes, me too. Thanks for these site, I will check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Marissa2788 View Post
    Tomorrow is no doubt going to be a difficult day. My family has a get together planned. It will be our thanksgiving holiday. All those baked goods i mentioned... they will be there along with who knows what else.
    How was your thanksgiving?

U2sandrah is offline Senior Member
    Hi Annie!
    Im a very petite japanese-type person: merely 5'2"...
    And despite my body frame being mostly "slender", I am definitively "skinny fat" and until a few weeks ago, I had no energy to go through the day whatsoever, plus a nagging IBS appearing here and there, with no prior notice, so I felt I had to do something about myself.
    So my journey began cuz of IBS and how the hell to feel normal again. Once that is out of the scene, now I want to get more energy and getting leaner, feeling like I can raise a bear arm and not flapping anyone with it (I bet you know what I mean... ).
    "If you can dream, then dream out loud" - Bono.

Marissa: How are you today? How's the baked good bonanza going for you? Good vibes for you...

Annie: Uh oh... Fruit can cause carb cravings? Ill see if that is my case... Damn, and just yesterday I went to a farmer's market and got some wonderful strawberries and blueberries (I live on the other half of the horizon, so here were are just hitting summer).

Last nite dinner: had a cup of blueberries with a splash of cream, maybe two splashes. Glass of wine stayed in only 1.

Breakfast: Cafe Breve. Just that. Cream does fill me up!

Marissa2788 is offline Junior Member
    It didnt ended well to say the least... about like a typical thanksgiving. I did ok at first up until about 4pthen I was tempted into trying one of those cookies and it all fell apart. Open the flood gates! Needless to say i am pretty disappointed in myself right now but ill get things back on the road tomorrow.

Take it easy on yourself!
    We are all rooting for you! Remember the 80/20 principle, take today as the 20% and stick to the 80% for the week.
    It's all about not letting the cravings in! One binge is ok, keep them to that one! Get a lot of sleep for the rest of the week as well.
    Take care!
    Keep the journal going!

Take it easy on yourself!
    We are all rooting for you! Remember the 80/20 principle, take today as the 20% and stick to the 80% for the week.
    It's all about not letting the cravings in! One binge is ok, keep them to that one! Get a lot of sleep for the rest of the week as well.
    Take care!
    Keep the journal going!
    I echo this.

Marissa: How are you today? How's the baked good bonanza going for you? Good vibes for you...

Annie: Uh oh... Fruit can cause carb cravings? Ill see if that is my case... Damn, and just yesterday I went to a farmer's market and got some wonderful strawberries and blueberries (I live on the other half of the horizon, so here were are just hitting summer).

Last nite dinner: had a cup of blueberries with a splash of cream, maybe two splashes. Glass of wine stayed in only 1.

Breakfast: Cafe Breve. Just that. Cream does fill me up!
    Berries are great! They will be delicious and I doubt will cause cravings, especially when taken with cream.
    I'm in southern hemisphere - NZ - and bought strawberries today too. Can't wait till dessert.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yay for berries!

Ill ditch the peaches and nectarines and apricots, love them but I love summer berries much more! So the stone fruit has to go!

And I have never imagined what a good relationship I was going to develop with heavy cream. It has replaced a lot of the chocolate cravings (that I was filling up with lots of dark chocolate, but chocolate nonetheless), and now I only have a bowl dessert-snack topped with cream and I wont want anymore! Im very happy for that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123