Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mission possible: Quest to become keto adapted page 3

U2sandrah is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    That's probably because you are going by total carbs rather than net carbs. When counting carbs, you can subtract fiber carbs from your carb total. Fiber does not affect insulin levels and therefore does not have to be included when counting carbs.
    You are totally RIGHT!!! I was looking into total carbs! But, if so... Then Ive been under the 100g mark for a few weeks now, no weight being lost though... However I am determined to keep this as a lifestyle!
    "If you can dream, then dream out loud" - Bono.

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Well yesterday was interesting to say the least. I ended up in the emergency room for most of the day, for what I thought was appendicitis....again. Turns out it was a ruptured ovarian cyst. Considering I didn't get home and eat until late at night, I have officially done a 24 hour fast. Not that I intended to, but that's just how it ended up working out. I was actually fine through the whole day, until the afternoon. They wouldn't give me any water so I got extremely thirsty and I really needed salt pretty badly, so I had a ton of water and some black olives when I got home. Took a short nap, woke and then had a small meal. So far today I'm feeling a little better, still having some pain but nothing like it was yesterday.

So I'm looking forward to doing another 24hr fast, but intentional this time, lol!! Maybe next week.

Quote Originally Posted by U2sandrah View Post
    You are totally RIGHT!!! I was looking into total carbs! But, if so... Then Ive been under the 100g mark for a few weeks now, no weight being lost though... However I am determined to keep this as a lifestyle!
    You just have to give it time. And also make sure that you are not eating too much, or too little for that matter.

Had a dietary slip last night that knocked me out of ketosis. Back at it again today though.

OMG, seems very serious to have a ruptured ovarian cyst, hope you are recovering well!
    "If you can dream, then dream out loud" - Bono.

Quote Originally Posted by U2sandrah View Post
    OMG, seems very serious to have a ruptured ovarian cyst, hope you are recovering well!
    I seem to be doing ok. I still have pain but it's not as bad.

Ok, so yesterday wasn't really a good day eating wise. I had a lot of candy, and then for dinner I had pizza. So I'm hoping to fast for most of the day today, hopefully until dinner time so I can use up some of this glycogen. I tell ya, I'm really feeling it today from eating the wheat. My joints hurt and my skin is sore. So gross, SO NOT WORTH IT. And I can also tell that I am retaining a ton of water. I will be very happy once all this water is gone and I'm back in ketosis. My guess is that it's probably going to take 3 days or so, but I'm hoping it's less. It's always so hard to get going again when I've gone off track, makes me wonder why I allow myself to go off track in the first place. And it's especially frustrating because when I had the candy day before yesterday, I wasn't even craving it. I was upset about some other things, and my coping mechanism is to eat candy.

Maybe next time I should just have a glass of wine instead, lol!!! I don't drink anymore really, but I would almost rather do that than eat candy for two days. *sigh*

I totally get what you mean when suddenly some wheat crawled its way back into your gut... And you feel the effects that havent been felt in a while. So not worth it!!
    Have you tried dark chocolate instead of candy?

Ok....to say I have fallen off the wagon a little would be a gross understatement. I feel absolutely disgusting, my body is hurting pretty bad, my cold feels worse, my skin is hurts. I'm done. Just, done.

No time like the present to hop back on the wagon. I have to, because I can't go another day feeling like this. I just can't.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Feeling much better than I did yesterday, although I'm still having some lingering effects from my poor eating. Some stomach cramping today and runs, but my skin feels much better. Still slightly sore, but overall a lot better.

I'm really going to try to focus on not snacking. I busted through my calorie goal yesterday, ended up eating about 300 more calories than I wanted to. Of course I know that once I get back into ketosis my appetite will decrease a little bit. But even so, I was still snacking when I was in ketosis before, and really it probably wasn't necessary. So my plan of attack to this is two sided: 1) I won't buy the items that tempt me to snack, like nuts and nut butters, and 2) before I actually go to the kitchen to get something to eat, I want to really sit and evaluate why it is that I'm wanting food. I would say nine times out of ten, the reasons are not because I'm actually hungry. I think more likely is that I'm stressed, bored, feeling emotional, etc. I want to get out of the habit of eating for other reasons than being actually hungry. This is something that I have struggled with for as long as I can remember, all the way back to child hood. And I see that my children are starting to do the same thing, mostly wanting to eat when they are bored, and I don't want them to have that habit either. I want to set a good example for them.

In tracking my calories, I'm still not sure that I am getting enough protein. I think I ended the day yesterday around 75% fat, which scares me a little bit. I'm wondering if I should increase protein a little, but I'm not really sure what to do.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast